he's a lil dink

sidthekid802

I have a young veiled who's maybe 6 months old and lately every time I come in the room he's being kept in he puffs up and gets all mad. Is this a normal behavior. It usually takes a couple minutes for him to calm down. Makes it very difficult to clean his cage when I can barley come close to him. Idk what I'm doing wrong

Normal. Especially for veilds, I just find them more aggressive than other species.

Totally normal, my male veiled who is just over a year old hates life in general lol....I swear he can tell when we are talking about him and he puffs up. Earlier today he was eating happily and my husband and I were talking on the couch and started talking about him and his eye swivels over to us and he slowly slinks away into his greenery lol....

But I love him just the same, and as he puffs up and hisses at me when I clean his cage or put bugs in for him I tell him how much I love him haha.

Once he is out of his cage (which is rarely since he really doesn't like to come out) he is fine....but his cage is his castle and he isnt afraid to let you know that.

He's in a quiet room that also has my turtle in it. He has now started to head butt my hand when I try to get him to come out of his cage.

The best solution for transporting veiled is by using a "stick taxi". I have a veiled cham, he can be a twerp sometimes but love him none the less :3

When he is in his cage hover a stick close to him and give him a fe taps on his tail signalling that he should move to the stick. I should warn you during this time you will see him change to the darkest color shade you may observe but once he is in his stick good things can happen. You can move the cage and clean it and also best time to hand feed him! This is how I got my lil twerp "Chama" the name of my veiled to soften up to me.

Then transport him to his temporary cage or something else. I just let mine free roam for a while. I live alone with no other pets and Chama loves roaming around. Keep an eye on then though. I was late at class today because I had to convince him to come down from the chimney... x)

Best of luck, they can be very unsocial but patience pays off. :)

He's in a quiet room that also has my turtle in it. He has now started to head butt my hand when I try to get him to come out of his cage.

Maybe you should keep him in your room that way he gets used to you? I keep mine in my bedroom so she knows me and I can handle her without her getting all scared.:)

I know how you feel. My veiled is about 1 and a half years old and as they mature they become extremely aggressive. To me it's kinda like lizard "puberty". Mine has since calmed down a lot and I'm sure yours will too

Back
Top Bottom