Herptivite question

jacksonchamnew

Avid Member
Does Repcal Herptivite have vitamin D3. Does this vitamin have another name? I have calcium without D3 but may need calcium with D3.

Does Repcal Herptivite have vitamin D3. Does this vitamin have another name? I have calcium without D3 but may need calcium with D3.
Herptivite does not have calcium with D3. But it also does not have preformed Vitamin A. It is a multivitamin but not the best one you can get.

Are you only using Calcium without D3 now?

Herptivite does not have calcium with D3. But it also does not have preformed Vitamin A. It is a multivitamin but not the best one you can get.

Are you only using Calcium without D3 now?
I use the Repticalcium without D3 every time I feed and the Herptivite every other week. I guess I need some calcium with D3 for once a week or Multivitamin with D3.

I think you are confusing your supplements... What a Veiled needs is Calcium without D3, Calcium with D3, and a multivitamin with preformed A.

So you have the calcium without D3 but you are missing the other two supplements. Your herptivite is sub par because it does not have Preformed A in it. So this one should be replaced. Since you also are not using Calcium with D3 you need this as well.

I would recommend you buy either Reptivite WITH D3 or Repashy Calcium Plus LoD. This would be your Calcium with D3 and multivitamin with Preformed A. Either one of these would only be used 2 times a month. So every other week at one feeding. Then at all other feedings you use your Calcium Without D3.

Earthpro A is a Calcium without D3. It has bee pollen in it as well. It is an excellent product. But Still this is only a Calcium without D3 so you still need one of the other options stated above.

I think you are confusing your supplements... What a Veiled needs is Calcium without D3, Calcium with D3, and a multivitamin with preformed A.

So you have the calcium without D3 but you are missing the other two supplements. Your herptivite is sub par because it does not have Preformed A in it. So this one should be replaced. Since you also are not using Calcium with D3 you need this as well.

I would recommend you buy either Reptivite WITH D3 or Repashy Calcium Plus LoD. This would be your Calcium with D3 and multivitamin with Preformed A. Either one of these would only be used 2 times a month. So every other week at one feeding. Then at all other feedings you use your Calcium Without D3.

Earthpro A is a Calcium without D3. It has bee pollen in it as well. It is an excellent product. But Still this is only a Calcium without D3 so you still need one of the other options stated above.
Ok yesterday before I read this, I bought Rep Cal with D3. OK I will get the other. Printing this all out so I do it right.

k post pics of what you end up with so I can make sure you got the right ones lol
OK sorry this is late. Putting together new cage. Calcium without D3 everyday. Calcium with D3 once a week. Multivitamin every other week. I know I need to get better stuff soon.

Attachments

• vitamins.jpg
    vitamins.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 61
OK sorry this is late. Putting together new cage. Calcium without D3 everyday. Calcium with D3 once a week. Multivitamin every other week. I know I need to get better stuff soon.
Almost correct with your rotation. Calcium without D3 6 days a week. Calcium with D3 every other week. Multivitamin every other week.Rotate these two week to week so that each is given 2 times in a month.

Last edited:
It’s unclear to me that chameleons cannot convert carotenoids to vitamin A.
If you look at the ingredients in Arcadia EarthPro-A, it contains “algal carotenoids”, a mix of carotenoids not just beta-carotene. John Courteney Smith has said Lutein may be the key carotenoid in the process.

There’s also added B complex vitamins, “protein powder” (amino acids), “carrot powder”, “mineral clay” that has a bunch of mineral elements as well, and bee pollen. It ends up being a form of daily multivitamin minus the fat solubles A, D, E, and K
But if you believe the bee pollen can be processed by the chameleon, then they’re getting A, D, and E daily as well

I can see chameleons in the intertidal zone standing on rocks and eating algae with their tongues. LOL I am sure that Arcadia Earth Pro-A is good stuff by our present knowledge.

I figured they were getting it from their morning algal protein shakes. I think Earth pro a is great stuff. I do think they can convert some types of carotenoids to vitamin A. It may be assisted in some cases by digestive processes in their prey.

The blog the philosophy of gut loading part 2 has some interesting thoughts on how some chameleon prey in the Rift Lakes region in Africa are getting spirulina in their diet

DocZ said..."It’s unclear to me that chameleons cannot convert carotenoids to vitamin A"...its unclear to me too...but it might be that ones like veileds might be able to convert it since they eat some leaves and such (in spite of it being said that their gut is too short to digest the vegetation).

DocZ said..." John Courteney Smith has said Lutein may be the key carotenoid in the process"...I read that too and am quite curious about it.

Back
Top Bottom