Herpstat 4

Tony_S

Chameleon Enthusiast
Anyone using the herpstat 4? I'm thinking of getting it to control the basking lamp, the humidity with the mistking, and also using the cooling feature to kick on fans in case the vivarium gets too hot from the lights.

Or am I over thinking things?

I known a few people opted for the two over the single control and we're very happy can't speak from experience on them but have heard great things and have this on my "list" of things when I have extra money to invest in.

It has 4 outputs that can control Heating/Cooling/Humidity/Lighting

I'm thinking of using it for heating, cooling, and humidity and have it control the mistking instead of using the timer that comes with the mistking

hmmmm. I am hesitant to use it for the humidity aspect. Just because it is going to kick on the mistking every time the humidity drops. This may cause a situation where it is coming on too frequently. I have the herpstat 2. I use mine just for basking. I love the dimming feature and how I can set it up and I know it will adjust for Beman so he is never too hot or too cold.

I do have a pc fan on my enclosure on the top. I have this pulling air up and out the top. Mine is set for a 12 hour cycle due to my high natural humidity. I just have this on a regular timer.

So yes I think your overthinking things. Which is totally normal, I did that and still do it.

So think of it this way. The reason I had gotten the herpstat 2 was to be able to plug in a secondary heat lamp should I ever get a second cham. Keep the mistking timer for the unit. It is wonderful and is so easy to set it up exactly the way you want.

hmmmm. I am hesitant to use it for the humidity aspect. Just because it is going to kick on the mistking every time the humidity drops. This may cause a situation where it is coming on too frequently. I have the herpstat 2. I use mine just for basking. I love the dimming feature and how I can set it up and I know it will adjust for Beman so he is never too hot or too cold.

I do have a pc fan on my enclosure on the top. I have this pulling air up and out the top. Mine is set for a 12 hour cycle due to my high natural humidity. I just have this on a regular timer.

So yes I think your overthinking things. Which is totally normal, I did that and still do it.

So think of it this way. The reason I had gotten the herpstat 2 was to be able to plug in a secondary heat lamp should I ever get a second cham. Keep the mistking timer for the unit. It is wonderful and is so easy to set it up exactly the way you want.

Actually the Herpstat has 3 different humidity modes.

Humidity Sensed - Will spray the misters whenever the humid drops below your set level.

Humidity Scheduled - Will spray the misters on set times for set lenghts.

Humidity Hybrid - Has set schedules, as well as the ability to spray when the humidity drops below a certain threshold.

That said, I planned to do the same OP, but at the end of the day it isn't worth it.

You can get a Herpstat 2, for much less money that will control heating and cooling and really that's all it needs to do. Why replace the Mistkings great timer with the Herpstat, and pay ect to have a Light timer that you can get for 5 dollars. Spraying mist alot though out the day is a issue anyway, misting during high heat causes RIs, we have found.

Makes sense about using only the herpstat 2 with the heating and cooling feature. I agree, with the glass I won't be spraying that much at all anyways.

Back
Top Bottom