Herpeton 2020 Reptile Conference

DeremensisBlue

Chameleon Enthusiast
Site Sponsor
The second annual Herpeton Conference is taking place in San Diego, CA from Thursday April 30 - May 3. This is a great opportunity to get connected with the reptile community. I went to the 2019 conference and it was a great event. Honestly, though the talks were an amazing introduction to a wide range of topics, it was also the connections with other members of the community that was invaluable.

The conference is being put on by Allen Repashy of the Repashy line of supplements and Philippe de Vosjoli who many of us know as the publisher of the Vivarium magazine and a whole series of the best reptile and amphibian care books ever printed.

Thursday, the first day is actually free and you can go without registering for the event. This is the day that the sponsors will be speaking and talking about what is significant in their new product lines. We are going to hear from Josh's Frogs, Exo-Terra, ZooMed, and Zilla along with Chad Brown from Ship Your Reptiles who will talk about shipping reptiles.

The next three days will have topics ranging from Bob Mailoux and Waxy Monkey Tree Frogs to Dr. Scott Stahl talking about bacterial infections. Check out the link up at the website. It will be a very eye opening experience. And, yes, chameleons will be well represented! I will be giving a talk on Saturday about the value of multi-generational breeding and how we can make sure we do not lose that valuable experience in this digital world of the quick sound bite. So I personally invite you all to come and give a show of force for the chameleon community! If you decide to come please let me know as it would be an awesome thing to have a chameleon community coffee one morning or an after-hours meet-up.

So, please check it out and consider joining this event. It really was an incredible experience - especially for many of us who have never experienced a true herpetological conference!

https://herpeton.org

-.jpeg

Last edited:
I wander if at the show they will go over whether a parasite has a personal specific geographical preference or not lol..

I wander if at the show they will go over whether a parasite has a personal specific geographical preference or not lol..
It doesn’t look like that is on the menu! But there will be a talk on Waxy Monkey Tree Frogs and I firmly believe that everyone should have one of those frogs. It is just something should be required. If I was king I would require it.
So there. Now you know what kind of king I would make.

@DeremensisBlue said " But there will be a talk on Waxy Monkey Tree Frogs and I firmly believe that everyone should have one of those frogs. It is just something should be required. If I was king I would require it"...just rub it in that I'm going to miss out, eh? :(

@DeremensisBlue said " But there will be a talk on Waxy Monkey Tree Frogs and I firmly believe that everyone should have one of those frogs. It is just something should be required. If I was king I would require it"...just rub it in that I'm going to miss out, eh? :(
But at least now you know that if you vote for my kingship you will be issued one of your own.

Back
Top Bottom