Herp World Expo in San Jose 7/31-8/1

I should be going with some of my family and boyfriend. Never been to this one before.

I was a vendor at last year's show and it was pretty good. The show promoters for those shows always do a great job and you won't be disappointed.

Really? How do you do that?
Id like to know for just incase :)
and I live in washington.
Im talking like a day or two of driving.

Really? How do you do that?
Id like to know for just incase :)
and I live in washington.
Im talking like a day or two of driving.

I vend at shows and have my animals go on some long trips.

If you are buying a chameleon , what I do is keep them in tubs and in the car with me. Take them into the hotel room at night and mist them when you can. They can be tougher than you think. Take them out when you can and let them sit on the lamp shade in the room or whatever. If you bring a basking lamp you can let them bask too.

If you have a cage for it already use it for transporting them. There is a lot of fear of over-stressing the cham. Just try to minimize it and you would be fine.

Chameleons are a lot stronger than some give them credit for. Just make them as comfortable as you can.

Any other reptile would be just as easy if not easier.

Thanks for the info.
:)
I didnt think it could be done.
Ive had to take pedro in the car and he HATES it.
I just assumed you couldn't.
Thanks for proving me wrong :D
Might be useful info later on :)

Ryan is right. Many vendors transport all kinds of reptiles/amphibians, etc. to/from far away shows. I have transported some clear to/from Daytona, Florida from here (Chicago) before (driving - 18 hours) and they are fine. Like Ryan said, just make them as comfortable as you can. If you are transporting them in a cage, just make sure they have secure perching and to cover the cage so they will feel they have to go to sleep so they won't be stressed.

I should be going with some of my family and boyfriend. Never been to this one before.

Lisa and I are going to drive up friday and attend on Sat

Sweet I am hoping to go on Saturday!

I was a vendor at last year's show and it was pretty good. The show promoters for those shows always do a great job and you won't be disappointed.

Thanks Julie! You don't plan on being there this year?

Thanks Julie! You don't plan on being there this year?

Unfortunately not. While I had a great show last year, this one and the Super Show next weekend were too close to Daytona and it doesn't give me much turnaround time (I had some issues with that last year). But I am hoping to get out to the one in Sacramento in September instead.

Unfortunately not. While I had a great show last year, this one and the Super Show next weekend were too close to Daytona and it doesn't give me much turnaround time (I had some issues with that last year). But I am hoping to get out to the one in Sacramento in September instead.

That is completely understandable.

Hey The Sacramento show is 10 minutes from my house so I will see you there :)

This will be my third yr going! Only sucky part is parking lot is sort of far when your carrying a already built 24x24x48 screen cage with 4 48"uvb tube and a chameleon in the heat by yourself. Can't wait!!:D

One of these days I'll have to get off my backside and go to a show. I know that when I do go I'll have to have money to spend. I won't wan't to leave the show empty handed, so for now I'll be passing on this one.

We will be there with a booth.... If my wife keeps up this attitude, I'll be there by myself. Help, anyone?

We will be there with a booth.... If my wife keeps up this attitude, I'll be there by myself. Help, anyone?

Sure!! If you fly me out, I'd be happy to help! (Although I don't know a lick about tortoises, so you may want to monitor the information I passed along to prospective customers....:rolleyes:;))

What are the chances I can go and ONLY come back with the necessities (supplies!!!) ? If some self-restraint isn't used, my kids may lose their rooms to chams!

JUST KIDDING PEOPLE! My kids won't lose their rooms...at least not until all the space in my room is gone. :p

Back
Top Bottom