Here we go. Round deaux.

Angelwolf

Chameleon Enthusiast
With my "What's your view?" thread's popularity, I have decided to start another. So here it is:

Where did you come up with your username? What does it mean to you? Why did you choose it?

Here's my answer. My hubby always calls me his angel, and he really loves wolves. So Angelwolf. There you have it. And my email address is angelwolf21203 (our anniversary).

Your turn...

This is my 'handle' for everything forums related (mostly cars). At one point in my late teens, I was involved in 4 car accidents within a months span, all were not my fault, (one involved my car being hit head on parked outside my parents house, was totaled) so a buddy jokingly called me the crash bandit. 05 is my birthdate, 2005 is the year I graduated high school, and was my sports team number as a kid.

This is easy. I love little horned chameleons and my name is Jillian. Having been tormented with the Jack and Jill thing in school I decided to embrace it for the forum.
Not even close to as romantic an answer as Remkon.

My name is Tabitha - named after a Thomas Hardy poem actually but my mum always called me by the nickname Tabitha Twitchit, or Twitchet-after the shopkeeping cat and mother of unruly kittens from the Beatrix Potters Tales, I still love Beatrix Potters book even now- who couldn't?

This is my 'handle' for everything forums related (mostly cars). At one point in my late teens, I was involved in 4 car accidents within a months span, all were not my fault, (one involved my car being hit head on parked outside my parents house, was totaled) so a buddy jokingly called me the crash bandit. 05 is my birthdate, 2005 is the year I graduated high school, and was my sports team number as a kid.
Wow! That's quite a story!

Wow. I have never heard of that name. What are it's origins?
the '1001 names for boys' book?

It's a Germanic name normally written as 'Remco' but pronounced the same. It means 'this guy is super awesome and modest' or just something completely different... I don't know... My parents picked it, they were possibly stoned... (Dutch stoned, not the one with actual stones).

the '1001 names for boys' book?

It's a Germanic name normally written as 'Remco' but pronounced the same. It means 'this guy is super awesome and modest' or just something completely different... I don't know... My parents picked it, they were possibly stoned... (Dutch stoned, not the one with actual stones).
I looked it up...it means "smart a$$". :ROFLMAO:
Ok, ok, so I made that up. ;)

So, a little background for me and then the actual name...

I played many instruments as well as sang so was in some bands over the years. I was also a sound engineer as well. Although I was in some cover bands at times, I generally was in groups that wrote our own stuff, but every night we would still do a cover or two just to keep it fun. We would pick some things that didn't necessarily always fit our style which was kind of 80's hair metal mixed in a blender with Southern Blues/Rock and Metal. (Kinda Alice In Chains meets Stone Temple Pilots Meets Days of the New with some Old School Van Halen, as well as the Beatles and some... oh nevermind...)We would do some reggae, dance, pop, whatever, but would put a metal twist on it and tie it into a set just to see what would happen. We always seemed to get the approval of the crowd! One of my favorite bands was Extreme. We decided to try this one out one night (back when I still had a voice :eek:) and the response was amazing!!! (I know the video is corny, but it's supposed to be...)

After the first night we performed it there was no going back! We would always get requests for it and when we were about to perform the song I would always ask if the audience was ready for some "Deca-Dancin" and the name kinda stuck from there!

So, there it is, I am Decadancin... and although I do not "dance" very often, there may just be some decadence :D :sneaky:!

Back
Top Bottom