here we go,, critique my setup please....

I agree. I would wait until he's older. I didn't use the plastic fencing until my cham moved into her adult cage around 8 months old. They are heavier by that time and more weight to pull on their nails if they are hanging on the side.

beeze,,, thanks for informing me about the poultry fencing... i love the idea and will definitely use it on his adult cage...

lisa

The poultry fencing can be a head catcher for larger chams, I would consider the 1/4 inch plastic screen you can pick up at garden shops/hardware stores as a better climbing surface.

That being said, I have never had my Chams have nail damage from regular window screen, as they rarely climb the screen....I would not go through the process of adding it unless you need it.:D

Nick

basking light?

Have you measured the temps in the cage? I'm not sure about the climate where you live, but you'll want to make sure you have a temp gradient so your cham can regulate his body temperature. I would definitely think you need a basking light with a 40 or 60 W bulb. Anyway the cage looks great and obviously Stanley will be in good hands!

The poultry fencing can be a head catcher for larger chams, I would consider the 1/4 inch plastic screen you can pick up at garden shops/hardware stores as a better climbing surface.

That being said, I have never had my Chams have nail damage from regular window screen, as they rarely climb the screen....I would not go through the process of adding it unless you need it.:D

Nick

Nick, i'll probably just wait and see if the fencing is necessary. there is one company that makes cages with larger gauged mesh, i may go with them for his adult cage...
thanks for the info,, lisa

Have you measured the temps in the cage? I'm not sure about the climate where you live, but you'll want to make sure you have a temp gradient so your cham can regulate his body temperature. I would definitely think you need a basking light with a 40 or 60 W bulb. Anyway the cage looks great and obviously Stanley will be in good hands!

radstusky -- i just added the temp and hygrometer gauges yesterday so i'll start checking them to see where any adjustments in heating or misting are needed..
as far as the basking bulb, i have the ceramic dome to put a 40w incandescent bulb in to add to his cage when he gets older.
i've heard that babies can't/don't know how to regulate their body temp. they'll just lay under a basking bulb and overheat..
i don't think i'll have any trouble keeping the top of the cage around 80 deg. which is a good temp for a baby Veiled. :)

thanks for the input and the compliment!!! lisa

thanks reptoman...
i like the skewer idea. i have some shish kabob skewers that would probably work, i could place them vertically for a foothold other than the screen itself... lisa

I dont know why you guys on the other side say shish kabob...You were probably though wrong by some wannabe arabic restaurant. Its shish kabab..!!!!!!!!:D lol. Sorry i just had to point that out.

Oh and a...Perfect setup you got there.:)

gauges won't stick....

my temp and hygrometer gauges keep falling off of the screen. the sticky pad on the back seems VERY sticky to me, but they don't want to hold...

they are the round exo terra analog ones..

what do i need to do to get them to stick?

thanks,, lisa

my temp and hygrometer gauges keep falling off of the screen. the sticky pad on the back seems VERY sticky to me, but they don't want to hold...

they are the round exo terra analog ones..

what do i need to do to get them to stick?

thanks,, lisa

Use a digital, they are more accurate :D

Back
Top Bottom