Help!

duke10990

Can anyone tell me why my female veiled just ripped/ chewed off almost all the leaves from her umbrella plant?! Her colors have been very vibrant lately shes about 8-9 months old eats VERY well shes in a 2x2x4 cage and shes a beast for her age any help would be great!!!!

Well, there isn't a specific reason. Maybe she was just really hungry. Chameleons tend to eat some plant material. Can you estimate how many leaves she chewed up? Did she eat them or just chew them? Just keep her monitored for the next few days and she'll be fine.

She took out about 15 theres 7 leaves left on it and that was the heardiest plant that was in her cage! She chewed a couple of them. Does my taking her outside and letting her play in the tree out front have anything to do with it? U think shes throwing a hissy fit? She literally ruined her Plant!!

Some veiled are really into thier greens :) my girl used to munch on her ficus quite a lot so we started giving her a ready supply of leafy greens in a bowl every day and she stopped. Does she drink well? It can sometimes be that they are seeking extra hydration but I wouldn't worry too much. Dont be surprised if her poo is a bit more runny than usual after this, eating a lot of plant matter can make for a runny stool sometimes :)

Sorry it was the ficus not the umbrella i was mistaken the umbrella is out of her setup...do ficus lose leaves for any reason? I have to find another plant today shes doing circles around he cage bc shes got no where to hide :-/

Ficus plants can get a bit stressed as far as I understand and they don't like as much water as we put into our enclosures. Mine takes bouts of losing leaves and growing new ones.

Back
Top Bottom