help

Tifanydalpont

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - vieled, male, and 14 months of your chameleon. 12 months been in your care?
Handling - last 1 1/2 never before 2 times a week

Feeding - What are you feeding your cham?before crickets, super, wax butters,silks, and horned...silk moths, horned moths mantis..... What amount?now 5 squshed crickets... What is the schedule?...1 pm... How are you gut-loading your feeders? commercail gut load plus carrots and kale

Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? cal med cal only4 days ...cal med cal with d3 one day... nexted week same no cal d3 sub multi

Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? everyday

Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? have not seen any recent poops... last seen was solid and white pee

History -

6month ago we went through a food strike he was going through puberty... took a week for him to get back to normal........1 1/2 months ago he fell off the table 3 feet behind the chair i had to grab him with a towel and he was hissing and biting finally got him back in his cage
Cage Info:

Cage Type - Describe your cage , Screen, 48'18'18
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? zilla 5.0 compact What is your daily lighting schedule? 7am-7 pm
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor 80 to basking spot 95)? Lowest overnight temp?70 How do you measure these temps? gaude
Humidity - What are your humidity levels?60 How are you creating and maintaining these levels? live habis plant What do you use to measure humidity? guade
Plants - Are you using live plants? habis
Placement - Where is your cage located? 3 feet of floor in living room...Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas?no At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?5 1/2 feet
Location - Where are you geographically located? los angeles

Current Problem - hiding not eatting having to force feed

ok so hopefully some improvment!!!

i changed his bulb 3 days ago yesturday he hung around the new uv bulb all day and today his hanging out on his branch!! which is great comeparded to the last 1 1/2 month of hiding....i still puffs up if i move to fast ...

Attachments

• 8 26 11.jpg
    8 26 11.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 145
i changed his bulb 3 days ago yesturday he hung around the new uv bulb all day and today his hanging out on his branch!! which is great comeparded to the last 1 1/2 month of hiding....i still puffs up if i move to fast ...

the puffing is ABSOLUTELY normal. don't worry about attitude. chams tend to be VERY mean.

Ok, first, 90 is still to hot for most veileds. any chance you could get a pic o fhim not in the cage? hes very dark,m which means hes stressed, and he looks very skinny.
can you clarifiy your watering schedule? how often do you mist? why are you force feeding him?
Can you clarify your supplementing schedule? you should be doing calicum without d3 every feeding, calcium with d3 twice a month, and a multivitamin twice a month.

i know his skinny!!!! thats why i'm on here!!! this was the first time in a month and a half were i've see his real bodysize ....with out him puffing up as soon as i open the cage!!!!... his basking light is off the bottom of his cage is 80 and near the uv its 85.....his feeding schedule right now is out of wack...

i dont want to go in his cage to take another pic because i dont want him to puff up!! i'm trying really hard to leave him alone now that his wondering around his cage... today is the first time in months his not hiding in the dirt of his pot...he has horned and silks crawling around his cage at the moment

i know his skinny!!!! thats why i'm on here!!! this was the first time in a month and a half were i've see his real bodysize ....with out him puffing up as soon as i open the cage!!!!... his basking light is off the bottom of his cage is 80 and near the uv its 85.....his feeding schedule right now is out of wack...

has he been on a hunger strike? Yea its hard to tell how fat or skinny they are when they puff.
Glad you got his temps down some. Most people seem to find that there veileds lke temps around 80 at the topm and 70 at the bottom.
Was there something in particular that set his feeding off track?
And good for you for asking for help! Its the first start to getting your cham healthy and happy again.

Ok, first, 90 is still to hot for most veileds. any chance you could get a pic o fhim not in the cage? hes very dark,m which means hes stressed, and he looks very skinny.
can you clarifiy your watering schedule? how often do you mist? why are you force feeding him?
Can you clarify your supplementing schedule? you should be doing calicum without d3 every feeding, calcium with d3 twice a month, and a multivitamin twice a month.

right now im un able to give him supplements every day.. when i try to drop bugs in he spits them out yesurday i was able to get 3 med silks with cal no phos ...in his mouth and he swallowed them thank god.. the other ones after that he spit out

right now im un able to give him supplements every day.. when i try to drop bugs in he spits them out yesurday i was able to get 3 med silks with cal no phos ...in his mouth and he swallowed them thank god.. the other ones after that he spit out

Ok, well thats a start! and im glad he ate something. Horns are great for getting hydration up. I hear waxes may be good for getting some weight on him.
So he is being a stinker when it comes to eating huh? does he have something wrong with his tongue?

has he been on a hunger strike? Yea its hard to tell how fat or skinny they are when they puff.
Glad you got his temps down some. Most people seem to find that there veileds lke temps around 80 at the topm and 70 at the bottom.
Was there something in particular that set his feeding off track?
And good for you for asking for help! Its the first start to getting your cham healthy and happy again.

when he was 9 month old he when on a hurger stick for 2 months i finally them go him back to the point where he'd eat from my hand.. id walk up to the cage and hed rum up so i could let him out..every thing was great until...one day 1 1/2 months ago i let him out to go on his plant when he wondered to to the kitchen table... i tried to have him go on my hand to put him back... when he freaked out and fell 3feet off the table behind some chairs.....then he went nuts!! i had to grab him in a towel to put him back in the cage!! and since then his been hiding and every time his seen me since his hissed and gotton bright yellow!!

when he was 9 month old he when on a hurger stick for 2 months i finally them go him back to the point where he'd eat from my hand.. id walk up to the cage and hed rum up so i could let him out..every thing was great until...one day 1 1/2 months ago i let him out to go on his plant when he wondered to to the kitchen table... i tried to have him go on my hand to put him back... when he freaked out and fell 3feet off the table behind some chairs.....then he went nuts!! i had to grab him in a towel to put him back in the cage!! and since then his been hiding and every time his seen me since his hissed and gotton bright yellow!!

He no likey you no more! lol sorry, got to laugh in some situations.
Ne way, while that is traumatizing, i dont htink it would interfere with his eating.
Have you tried cup feeding him> or free ranging some crickets in his cage?

yes and nothin thats why ive had to wait for him to hiss to drop silks in

Taken him to the vet? its possible hes injured his tongue and cant shoot it out nemore. that could explain the lack of eating.
I would continue to use bug juice.
If you can get him out of his cage at all. I find that i can get my guy to open his mouth by touching him between his eyes. Kinda makes him mad. but I had to do it cuz i wanted to do his wellness check.
Bug juice, yummy blended bugs, and you can put your supplements in it, and use an eye dropper and put a drop on his nose, or when he opens to hiss at you, just dont put in more than a drop or two cuz you dont want him to aspirate.

Back
Top Bottom