Help!

jeff stampher

OK i want to once and for all make sure that my baby ambilobe is a male. what are good ways to tell? the vent hasn't told me much Ive posted pictures and had all the comments come back with half saying male half saying female. i have put him(?) in front of a mirror and he puffed up and showed crimson bars but other than that his only color is a light blue on the top of his head orange bars on the tail and orange eyes. i'm going to be pretty mad if Apollo turns out to be a female but don't know if i would be able to in good conscience bring her back to chameleons northwest because I've already bonded with her.

Patience ... I know it's hard, I have a similar situation right now trying to sex this small group of 2 month old T. cristatus right now.
I really do think you have a male and I have a lot of respect for NW chameleons.
I would be very surprised if they sent you a female, but everyone makes mistakes now and then ... I just sent Laurie a juvi pair of brevs and I am hoping one is a male!:rolleyes: I'm 99% sure .... but ....:rolleyes:

-Brad

Usually looking at the vent area is the best way, but from your description I would say male. Normally females stay gray/peachy/green color. Sometimes show some red when fired up but I've never seen one with blue. Of course this is not a definite answer, but time will tell!

I've seen females with beautiful blues on them. Not many, but a few.

I agree with patience.

Back
Top Bottom