HELP

I have been trying to feed my chameleon every single day, and he will not eat, he just closes his eyes and turns away, I thought at first he was just really stressed, I don't know why because he's always been fine, but today I noticed a black thing on his rear leg, I just got a new batch of Life crickets and usually who he will go for those immediately but he didn't.
I'm trying to be a better chameleon owner please help me.

Attachments

• IMG_20230222_163443647.jpg
    IMG_20230222_163443647.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 33
Hello!

Have you followed the advice that both @Beman and @MissSkittles have given you? What have you changed since last month?

A full summary of what you've changed, what you have going on now, and some more pictures of your little one will be very helpful for people to be able to give useful advice. Closed eyes during the day is NOT a good thing, and so is refusing food. It's hard to tell what that spot is. Do you have better images?

I have followed their advice, but nothing seems to work, he is gross stunted so I wonder if that's why?
Here's some more pictures, it's on his right rear inner thigh if you're facing his head

Attachments

• IMG_20230222_173156043.jpg
    IMG_20230222_173156043.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20230222_173157831.jpg
    IMG_20230222_173157831.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20230222_173206490.jpg
    IMG_20230222_173206490.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 44
It looks like you've only made posts for ~3 weeks here. Reptiles and chameleons in general don't usually respond immediately to changes, even good ones. His small stature shouldn't have anything to do with it. THe husbandry that people suggest here is VERY solid. What husbandry changes have you made? Can you please be specific?

What kind of substrate do you have in the cage? Is the black spot stuck to her leg?

Please post a couple more photos of your chameleon so I can see all of it from the side and front.…..and all of the cage.

It looks like you've only made posts for ~3 weeks here. Reptiles and chameleons in general don't usually respond immediately to changes, even good ones. His small stature shouldn't have anything to do with it. THe husbandry that people suggest here is VERY solid. What husbandry changes have you made? Can you please be specific?

What kind of substrate do you have in the cage? Is the black spot stuck to her leg?
I changed his lights but that was way before Pixie passed away, I am currently not using any substrate because every time I used substrate mold and bugs would grow, I haven't tried to peel off the bump, obviously I won't but yes it is stuck.

I really don't want him to die, Pixie had a bump similar to his and she stopped eating and died just like he's doing.

I changed his lights but that was way before Pixie passed away, I am currently not using any substrate because every time I used substrate mold and bugs would grow, I haven't tried to peel off the bump, obviously I won't but yes it is stuck.

I really don't want him to die, Pixie had a bump similar to his and she stopped eating and died just like he's doing.
No substrate is good. What kind of lights did you change to?

Can you please post pictures of the whole cage, including the lights?

I'm not sure what that bump is, but the bump, the closed eye, and the weight are all concerning.

I recommend a vet visit ASAP. Some medical intervention is probably necessary here. Little chams have very little wiggle room for husbandry mistakes, so early intervention into any medical issues is crucial.

Your chameleon at this point does not look well to me…much too thin and looks like some metabolic bone disease going on. He really needs a good vet. I recall that you’re only 12 and with limited resources, so you really need to get your mom or dad actively involved.

Last time I checked in I thought you said all the lighting was returned to the store after the other one passed away... We can only help if the info we give for how to make corrections is implemented. If it is not then the chameleon will further decline.

Take a picture of the entire cage including lighting on top.

No substrate is good. What kind of lights did you change to?

Can you please post pictures of the whole cage, including the lights?

I'm not sure what that bump is, but the bump, the closed eye, and the weight are all concerning.

I recommend a vet visit ASAP. Some medical intervention is probably necessary here. Little chams have very little wiggle room for husbandry mistakes, so early intervention into any medical issues is crucial.
I think the lights are like uvb and blue incandescent, I threw away the box so I don't know for sure.
I'll try to take him to a vet my mom probably won't let me though.

Attachments

• IMG_20230105_124837009.jpg
    IMG_20230105_124837009.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20230105_124752357.jpg
    IMG_20230105_124752357.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20230105_124845416.jpg
    IMG_20230105_124845416.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20230222_173157831.jpg
    IMG_20230222_173157831.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 36
We need your help to help your little one. If your little one doesn’t get what it needs very soon it will be too late.

MBD can be corrected but its arms may never straighten out again…the supplements and lights are the two biggest things that need to be right to help correct the MBD. What you feed the insects is important too.

What UVB light do you have? Please show us a photo of it.
Whatbis the temperature in the cage? Warmest area? Coolest area?

What supplements are you using? Please show us some photos of the supplements. We are looking to see the calcium, phos, D3 and vitamin A in the supplements. You will likely need a liquid calcium too…but it has to be the right kind, not just any liquid Calcium.

Can you feed the crickets, roaches any of these greens and veggies? Dandelion greens, kale, zucchini, squash, carrots, sweet potato, sweet red peppers?

I still would like more photos of the chameleon and the whole cage.

We need this information to be able to help you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom