help!

oddball_

help! i don’t know what’s wrong with my cham! a few months ago the doctor said he was fine but now his eyes are closed and he is not eating. what do i do?

Attachments

• D08BC1F7-404E-4055-AD5B-EFD2F4D955D2.jpeg
    D08BC1F7-404E-4055-AD5B-EFD2F4D955D2.jpeg
    218.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 9426D642-6B5E-4617-A2C9-2744B7E47BFD.jpeg
    9426D642-6B5E-4617-A2C9-2744B7E47BFD.jpeg
    173.8 KB · Views: 57
How long do you have him out of the cage when you take him out?
Do you have any lights on at night?
Are his eyes shut when he's in his cage too?

I just read over your previous posts when you took him to the vet did they do a fecal to test for parasites?

I also saw your lighting wasn't the best, specifically your UVB. What are you using now for his UVB?

When you handle him, does he come out to you? Or are you taking him out yourself? Any reason he is climbing a curtain? Chameleons are easily stressed and if they are climbing something that feels unstable it's likely that is a very stressful event for him.

Sleeping is a sign something is very wrong. Chameleons hide their illnesses very well and sleeping is a sign your chameleon has exhausted all other means of trying to fight off whatever it is and their body is shutting down.

no i have no lights and yes his eyes are closed in the cage. i’m sorry for the late response i’ve been busy with him and trying to find a vet (all vets are closed due to covid)

I just read over your previous posts when you took him to the vet did they do a fecal to test for parasites?

I also saw your lighting wasn't the best, specifically your UVB. What are you using now for his UVB?

When you handle him, does he come out to you? Or are you taking him out yourself? Any reason he is climbing a curtain? Chameleons are easily stressed and if they are climbing something that feels unstable it's likely that is a very stressful event for him.

Sleeping is a sign something is very wrong. Chameleons hide their illnesses very well and sleeping is a sign your chameleon has exhausted all other means of trying to fight off whatever it is and their body is shutting down.
i did get him a new light. the uvb 10 one. and i take him out. he’s always been antisocial when i take him out but after a minute he’s fine. and he climes on the curtain because he chills on a branch i put up on the curtains. he also hangs on a light aswell. (it doesn’t swing)

Once you fill out the form mentioned above, we’ll be better able to troubleshoot with you. In the meantime, consider not handling your chameleon or taking him out of his enclosure at all. At least until he’s sorted out.

thank you but he passed away today. i took him to the vet and they found. nothing wrong with him and sense they couldn’t get blood work (sense he was so stressed) it would have been better to put him down than make him suffer. thank you for your help though

thank you but he passed away today. i took him to the vet and they found. nothing wrong with him and sense they couldn’t get blood work (sense he was so stressed) it would have been better to put him down than make him suffer. thank you for your help though
I’m sorry to hear this. Take some time to grieve, avoid second guessing or playing the blame game. And when you’re ready to look forward to your next successful chameleon adventure, we’ll be here to help.

Back
Top Bottom