Help

Should I take him to the vet

• He is sick or getting sick

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • I just need help

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jgarcia007$$

I just got my chameleon a week ago everything has been good his tempature and humidity have been good I need help he's been sleeping alot today and won't wake up the way he usually does I ready that they need heat at night so I had been putting the red bulb at night but I saw that it kept him up so now I turn off everything and my apartment doesn't go below 70 so I need help will he go back back normal or should I take him to the vet??

Attachments

• Snapchat-885456523.jpg
    Snapchat-885456523.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 56
I just got my chameleon a week ago everything has been good his tempature and humidity have been good I need help he's been sleeping alot today and won't wake up the way he usually does I ready that they need heat at night so I had been putting the red bulb at night but I saw that it kept him up so now I turn off everything and my apartment doesn't go below 70 so I need help will he go back back normal or should I take him to the vet??

Attachments

• Snapchat-885456523.jpg
    Snapchat-885456523.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 41
Hopefully it was only the light depriving him of sleep at night.

Can you answer the questions in the how to ask for help thread near the top of the health forum so we can see if there's anything wrong th your husbandry please.
How would I answer the questions?

Just hit reply and answer the questions in a different color or in capitals so we can see your answers easily. Give as much detail as possible.

Here is some recommended information to include when asking for help in the health clinic forum. By providing this information you will receive more accurate and beneficial responses. It might not be necessary to answer all these questions, but the more you provide the better. Please remember that even the most knowledgeable person can only guess at what your problem may be. Only an experienced reptile veterinarian who can directly examine your animal can give a true diagnosis of your chameleon's health.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
Photos can be very helpful.

Yes, the red light is bad. It can damage their eyes. Also they need at least a ten degree drop from there daytime temps. 65° for night would be good. But it can even get colder. But that's India hard to do so 65° at night is great. Even 70. Daytime temp should be around 83-85 at basking branch and cooler in the rest of the cage. Like 78 in the middle and like 76 at bottom.

Hello and welcome to the forum! If you'd like a husbandy review, please fill out the following form and experienced members will take a look. Please include a picture of your enclosure from lights down. This is to ensure that you get the best care for your chameleon.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Why did you post the same post here that you posted in the general discussion forum 33 minutes ago?This just makes confusion. Please answer the questions in this thread or the other so we can get started helping you but let’s not post in two places. It’s just confusing.

Yes, the red light is bad. It can damage their eyes. Also they need at least a ten degree drop from there daytime temps. 65° for night would be good. But it can even get colder. But that's India hard to do so 65° at night is great. Even 70. Daytime temp should be around 83-85 at basking branch and cooler in the rest of the cage. Like 78 in the middle and like 76 at bottom.
Update I left the light off all night and he woke up like a champ eyes open ect thank you all so much and I don't really know how to use this thats why I posted twice and stuff but im getting the hang of it as long as he's ok im ok the feedback so much help God bless you'll

Can you post a picture of your chams cage from th lights all the way down? Then we’d just like to know what temps and humidity are for daytime and night time as well as what supplements you use and how often you mist. Things like that. If you go to the link I gave you in the other post you will see the questions and then you can just answer them. It will help us see a good picture of how you care for your Cham and if there are any things we need to help you with. It just makes for a healthy Cham. We know you love him and want what’s best for him and we’re just here to help.😉

Update I left the light off all night and he woke up like a champ eyes open ect thank you all so much and I don't really know how to use this thats why I posted twice and stuff but im getting the hang of it as long as he's ok im ok the feedback so much help God bless you'll
I really suggest filling out the form that was posted above by copy and pasting it into your reply along with adding pics of the entire cage to make sure that everything else is correct. These guys will go down hill fast and hide illness. Things like temps, supplements, UVB are very important along with correct feeders and amounts. Also gender plays into how you will want to continue to care for them. Females lay infertile eggs like chickens.

Back
Top Bottom