Help!!

So my cham shedded yesterday en today en this afternoon he turned pitch black..

He is a male veiled chameleon that is 4/5 months old.

Is this normal?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210720-180517_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210720-180517_Gallery.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot_20210720-180511_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210720-180511_Gallery.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot_20210720-180457_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210720-180457_Gallery.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 68
@Beman @MissSkittles @kinyonga im not an expert so these people might help but is he by a heat lamp bc he could be trying to absorb heat and what are your temps bc he might be to cold and need heat
Don't think that heat is a problem. Gpt a 60watt flood halogen bulb from home depot. Keeps the basking area aroumd 83 degrees! He is still young soo should be more than fine. I think i spooked him by accident, got a new mirror next to my desk and he was really puffing up before turning black. My fault i guess..

Don't think that heat is a problem. Gpt a 60watt flood halogen bulb from home depot. Keeps the basking area aroumd 83 degrees! He is still young soo should be more than fine. I think i spooked him by accident, got a new mirror next to my desk and he was really puffing up before turning black. My fault i guess..
Yea I have no clue. 😂 that’s prob the reason.

So my cham shedded yesterday en today en this afternoon he turned pitch black..

He is a male veiled chameleon that is 4/5 months old.

Is this normal?
This can happen when they get pissed and sometimes spooked. I have only seen it a handful of times with my male.

Anything new in his enclosure or that he can see outside of the enclosure?

This can happen when they get pissed and sometimes spooked. I have only seen it a handful of times with my male.

Anything new in his enclosure or that he can see outside of the enclosure?
I think i already know what went wrong.. I have a new mirror next to my desk... He probably saw himself and started puffing up. I put him back in the cage and suddenly he was black hahah. But he is starting to get great colors!!

I think i already know what went wrong.. I have a new mirror next to my desk... He probably saw himself and started puffing up. I put him back in the cage and suddenly he was black hahah. But he is starting to get great colors!!
lol. Yep more then likely. Its neat when they get their big boy colors and you can see the difference. But remember black is bad... Its more shock and fear. Now when his reaction is firing up then he will not freeze like they can when they go black. He will go into a total display of color shooting his tail in and out and rocking. Pay really close attention during these times if he is out on you. They get quite feisty in these moments and higher chance of getting bitten lol.

lol. Yep more then likely. Its neat when they get their big boy colors and you can see the difference. But remember black is bad... Its more shock and fear. Now when his reaction is firing up then he will not freeze like they can when they go black. He will go into a total display of color shooting his tail in and out and rocking. Pay really close attention during these times if he is out on you. They get quite feisty in these moments and higher chance of getting bitten lol.
Got it! Thanks for the assist! Im pretty new to chameleons but i think im beginning to understand the animals :)

Chameleons are awesome but so I don’t know the word but needy or spoiled In a way.
Oh goodness don't get me started... I put Beman right up there with how it was caring for my daughter as a toddler. He can't talk, puffs at me, throws a tantrum when he doesnt get snacks, and never sleeps in the same place. :hilarious:

Oh goodness don't get me started... I put Beman right up there with how it was caring for my daughter as a toddler. He can't talk, puffs at me, throws a tantrum when he doesnt get snacks, and never sleeps in the same place. :hilarious:
😂 I have four siblings and yoshi is more work than all of them combined when I babysit them 😂 still Yoshi is my baby 😂

Back
Top Bottom