Help!

Savdugay

My chameleon was feeding on crickets for a while and was perfectly fine. all of a sudden she doesn’t want to eat them anymore and only wants to eat mealworms that i give her and will not eat any dried insects. What other staple foods should i try to give her?

My chameleon was feeding on crickets for a while and was perfectly fine. all of a sudden she doesn’t want to eat them anymore and only wants to eat mealworms that i give her and will not eat any dried insects. What other staple foods should i try to give her?
Hi. Chameleons will only eat live insects and they need to be the appropriate size - no larger than the space between the eyes. They also like variety, same as we do. There are lots of good options. Roaches and silkworms are my favorites, but usually need to be ordered on line (check forum sponsors). Bsfl aka Phoenix worms or calci worms are usually available in most pet stores and are a good addition to your staple feeders. It’s stay away from mealworms. Here’s the feeder graphic to go by. Also the gutloading one. You need to feed your feeders well and keep them healthy so that they offer optimal nutrition to your cham.
30F4CC55-4DF9-48A5-BB75-618863E2C4EC.jpeg
84282C5A-3A22-438B-A2AB-C99DCE245264.jpeg

Meal worms have to hard if an exoskeleton stay away from them

Back
Top Bottom