HELP

Chameleokailey23

I built my set up, I have everything I need but I’m struggling with my UVB and plant light set up. I cannot find a dual fixture to put a uvb and plant light together, i ordered an Arcadia UVB light but am confused for the plants and where people are finding double fixtures. If anyone can help point me in the right direction I would appreciate it so much 🙏🏼🙏🏼
My tank is 24x24x48

You can link 2 fixtures together if you you bought either Arcadia or a generic brand, just not Zoo Med. Or are you talking about dome fixtures?

I consider the 3 kinds of lighting—basking, UVB, plant lights—separately. There are a number of advantages to this, not the least of which is control over each separately.

A single linear T5HO UVB is fine.
For basking, I prefer (in order of preference):
  1. Household incandescent bulb (not LED)
  2. Incandescent flood light (not LED and not spot light)
  3. Halogen flood light (not spot light)
A clamp light fixture works well for basking lights.

Basking lamps are best installed/mounted at an angle to produce a temperature gradient rather than a hot-spot.
1621429116260.png
For plant lights, I prefer LEDs, specifically for a 24 x 24 x 48 enclosure I like/recommend:
https://www.sansiled.com/70w-led-grow-light-full-spectrum.html
Coupons are usually available.

LEDs are generally more powerful, last 5X longer, don't contain mercury, and many (like above) are self-contained and don't require an additional fixture.

I try to set up lights like a Venn diagram to allow the cham to seek out/find the light it wants/needs. This isn't as important for plant lights except that plant lights are often the brightest in an enclosure and reptiles instinctively try to bask under the brightest source.

1621429353697.png

Back
Top Bottom