Help?

Chameleon-Corner

I have a veiled male chameleon and he recently just let out his sperm plug but I've noticed his penis is still out maybe im not sure. heres a picture.
hemipenis.jpg

I called the vet and they said it could be prolapsed. worse case being they cut it off or he needs surgery to put it back in. any thoughts? or does anyone have other methods ?

I should also mention hes been very active. he doesn't seem sluggish. hes been eating and drinking water too. I dont bred my chameleons.

Until you go to the vets or it pulls itself back in I would keep th pink soft tissue that you can see outside his vent moist with K-Y jelly. Do not use Vaseline!

The sugar method might help it shrink back into the vent.

Curious question, why cant vaseline be used? I honestly just have no idea lol.

If it still looks like that I would definitely recommend going to the vet ASAP. Some really amazing and incredibly knowledgeable people on here, but always the safest bet to go to the vet in situations like these.

My vet told me years ago not to use it on soft tissue or wounds.
I think it disrupts the protective layer the body tries to put over a tissue to protect it because it is oil based.

Ohh, makes sense! Ive just seen it said multiple times here, and was curious as to why.

Back
Top Bottom