Help!!!!

Holloman32

Hey everyone! I have a Female veiled Cham named Myxie. She was diggin in her aquarium earlier last week. She has gotten fat since then and I made her lay bin butt she just lays in it and doesn’t move. I don’t know what wrong with her can anyone give me any insight on what to do?

Attachments

• ED33CDD7-28E6-4D99-93C7-BA493415712F.jpeg
    ED33CDD7-28E6-4D99-93C7-BA493415712F.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 158
Hey everyone! I have a Female veiled Cham named Myxie. She was diggin in her aquarium earlier last week. She has gotten fat since then and I made her lay bin butt she just lays in it and doesn’t move. I don’t know what wrong with her can anyone give me any insight on what to do?
Your female is dying. At the same time she's putting everything into her eggs. She's severaly Dehydrated. I'm sorry to be blunt but I don't think she will make it prepare for the worse. She needs a vet and water asap

Your female is dying. At the same time she's putting everything into her eggs. She's severaly Dehydrated. I'm sorry to be blunt but I don't think she will make it prepare for the worse. She needs a vet and water asap
so she won’t lay her eggs at all?

Normally if she has the right kind of lay bin, she will lay eggs without any problems. But since she is very sick with very little energy, it doesn't leave her much energy leftover to be able to lay her eggs.

Chameleons can only drink moving water such as water droplets on leaves.

any updates? If she does, please fill out the help form, the fact that you said "aquarium" is setting off toms of red flags for me.

I’m sorry to hear about your loss. Don’t be afraid to try again if you really love these creatures.

Please, do some research first if you plan to have another. These reptiles are complex creatures that have particular needs that other reptiles don’t necessarily have.

Everyone learns from their mistakes so don’t let this experience ruin things for you. It’s easy to fall in love with chameleons the same way others love their dog or cat. I’ve actually cried after losing chameleons in the past.

Don’t be afraid to ask for help in the future from ppl on here. It’s better to ask for help even if you think your being over worrisome and dumb than to ask when it’s too late or not at all.

Ok thank you and I will be getting another one. My wife and kids are now Cham lovers because of Myxie.
Sorry that you lost Myxie. In order to prevent losing another do make sure to check out all of the resources here and at Chameleonacademy.com. Of course ask as many questions as needed. Beware advice from the pet stores...most really have no idea of the proper husbandry for the animals. Also beware getting a Cham from the big box pet stores - many are unhealthy. A reputable breeder is the way to go.

So sorry you lost Myxie. I hope you will study up on them a bit more before you get another one and buy from a reputable breeder when you do get another. Maybe start with a male too.again so sorry.

Sad to say Myxie has passed away smh
I'm sorry for your loss :cry: She was severely dehydrated and at that point there was almost nothing you could do. I'm gonna let you know if you ever wanna get another cham (pls do the little guys are awesome) don't listen to pet stores, get it from a breeder with a good reputation, and do your own research. There's a lot of good resources in this site that you can use. And again, I'm very sorry for your loss and if you ever have any concerns make a new thread and you will have multiple responses in less then an hour.

Back
Top Bottom