HELP!!!

I bought my chameleon from petco, a big red flag. However I've had him for six months, been giving him vitamins and everything. He has been doing phenomenal. He has been pooping less and less. Another red flag. Today when I woke up he was on the ground, I was screaming for him to wake up. He didn't, then I moved him. He was moving but didn't open his eyes. Then my father grabbed the light and moved it to the bottom of his cage where he was at. I can't take him to the vet today. Please help me!!!!!!!!

I bought my chameleon from petco, a big red flag. However I've had him for six months, been giving him vitamins and everything. He has been doing phenomenal. He has been pooping less and less. Another red flag. Today when I woke up he was on the ground, I was screaming for him to wake up. He didn't, then I moved him. He was moving but didn't open his eyes. Then my father grabbed the light and moved it to the bottom of his cage where he was at.Then he woke up. I can't take him to the vet today. Please help me!!!!!!!!

I bought my chameleon from petco, a big red flag. However I've had him for six months, been giving him vitamins and everything. He has been doing phenomenal. He has been pooping less and less. Another red flag. Today when I woke up he was on the ground, I was screaming for him to wake up. He didn't, then I moved him. He was moving but didn't open his eyes. Then my father grabbed the light and moved it to the bottom of his cage where he was at. I can't take him to the vet today. Please help me!!!!!!!!
There are tons of thing that could be wrong but he is probably dehydrated. Check levels of humidity in your enclosure. Give him plenty of access to water. Offer water on a dripper and see if he drinks. Check his eyes, if they are sunken that’s a sign of dehydration.

I just gave him a twenty minute bath. He drank alot. I'm scared that he hasn't been eating, which means he hasn't been getting his vitamins either. He is not moving very much.

I just gave him a twenty minute bath. He drank alot. I'm scared that he hasn't been eating, which means he hasn't been getting his vitamins either. He is not moving very much.
Well it does seem that he is dehydrated. If you can take him to a vet, please do so. If not, keep offering water and see if he reacts to it well. However, Chameleons are very delicate animals and it might be difficult to have him fully recover without a vet’s assistance. Best wishes and hope he makes it through.

Time out.... Please fill this form out.... We need very specific details about everything on this form.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Back
Top Bottom