Help!! :(

UPDATE: I just got home from work and she is like this what do I do?! Have you ever seen a chameleon hang like this? She does not look well at all and seems to be getting worse by the hour :(

Attachments

• 20161219_192545.jpg
    20161219_192545.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 99
you can try to put a tree in the shower spraying it down and letting her drink large amounts if she will.
or put her whole cage in the shower and put the dripper on.draining in the shower. i assume you have dripper?
if not you will have to use spray bottle maybe soak her cage real good and put her back in. if she is drinking this will help her get hydrated.
I assume shes is in dark and alseep now so tommrow.

Thank you alphakenc I will rearrange the cage tonight
Ur welcome,but as everyone told u ,this is bull doodoo,they are robbing u blind like u are a tourist in a third world country,the bottom line is get ur money back asap,u dont need this doodoo on ur back!!

you can try to put a tree in the shower spraying it down and letting her drink large amounts if she will.
or put her whole cage in the shower and put the dripper on.draining in the shower. i assume you have dripper?
if not you will have to use spray bottle maybe soak her cage real good and put her back in. if she is drinking this will help her get hydrated.
I assume shes is in dark and alseep now so tommrow.
No she is awake still about 2 hours left on her cycle. I have tried soaking her cage and she hates the water she runs from it when I mist even lightly I have even soaked it and she will then move to the bottom I had to kind of nudge her lips with the bottle to even get her to drink a little..

UPDATE: I just got home from work and she is like this what do I do?! Have you ever seen a chameleon hang like this? She does not look well at all and seems to be getting worse by the hour :(
Im afraid she is in a worst condition that me n u both can imagine,this is sooo terrible,people like that shouldn't even try sell the chameleon in the first place,Im feeling soo bad for what u going thru right now,and if she didnt make it in the morning,dont be blaming urself for that doodoo company did ,Im so tired of seeing these sick chams in the forum (not just urs) ,If I can change the chameleon world,I will do it in a heartbeat,things like this always discourage the new buyer like u,they dont know who they can trust n I see new people come n go in this forum all the time because their sick chameleons,
These sick chameleons are being push out in the wholesale market like the stock market,up n down ,no wonder the panther chameleon along with others are getting sold cheap(market crash) without the value keeping,the bottom line is this,when these chameleons price drop to lure all the buyer in,the problem follows down the road,and either way the consumer will pay it soon or later....the vet bill, the cost of another new cham,it will never ends .

Unfortunately this is a pretty common theme with underground reptiles.
I

I wish you well with your little gal, but the odds are not in your favor.

We ordered two separate cages for them but the second had not arrived until a day later but by then the little guy was already gone. I asked for two Jackson's (male and female) but my boyfriend told me she was a veiled he was probably misunderstood if she is in fact a jacksons

We ordered two separate cages for them but the second had not arrived until a day later but by then the little guy was already gone. I asked for two Jackson's (male and female) but my boyfriend told me she was a veiled he was probably misunderstood if she is in fact a jacksons
yes she is a jacksons no question im my opinion..looks like a hybrid of a green and red phase jacksons bloodline. And she isnt young id say whats her approx length nose to butt..tail not included..approx...

Underground reptiles is more of a shady Amazon type company. They're not selling their own stock, rather selling for various "breeders", which then ship your animal. Your situation sucks, wish there was more that could be done. The breeder I got my last chameleon from (Bruce from chameleon paradise), recommended putting hot water in the sprayer first, that way the mist is much warmer and may not shock the chameleon. The situation your in now looks pretty grim, hydrate heavy and try to get her to a qualified veterinarian ASAP! Hopefully things can turn around.

I don't recommend trying to force her to drink, it doesn't sound like you have a ton of experience keeping reptiles, and that procedure takes a keen eye. Soak her and the entire cage, for like 5 minutes, just keep spraying. Chameleons drink water droplets off the leaves, they won't drink out of standing water (usually). The gurgling you saw is her trying to breath. Hopefully she hasn't aspirated any of the water.

Tried giving her warm water she is just gurgling and spitting it out she's turning very dark
Like I said ,she wont live for long judge by the picture(eyes close dangling like a sick monkey)....in the mean time read their policy to find out how u going to get ur money back.
downloadfile.jpeg

She looks dehydrated. Badly. I would put her entire cage in the shower on warm and mare sure she is getting a good soak (but not getting blasted off a branch) for at least 20 minutes. It might not help this late in the game but we can hope. Get some moisture in that girl.

I don't recommend trying to force her to drink, it doesn't sound like you have a ton of experience keeping reptiles, and that procedure takes a keen eye. Soak her and the entire cage, for like 5 minutes, just keep spraying. Chameleons drink water droplets off the leaves, they won't drink out of standing water (usually). The gurgling you saw is her trying to breath. Hopefully she hasn't aspirated any of the water.
I'm not forcing her at all I put warm water in her mister and am dripping it for her. She opens her mouth briefly like she is drinking to and then just spits it out.

She looks dehydrated. Badly. I would put her entire cage in the shower on warm and mare sure she is getting a good soak (but not getting blasted off a branch) for at least 20 minutes. It might not help this late in the game but we can hope. Get some moisture in that girl.
I did take her in the shower she did not like that at all she turned dark quickly

If the cham can not standing up on their own,it will be even worse to use the shower method,eye dropper will be more suitable(one drop at a time),but In my opinion,she wont live long unless she has the fighting power within her

I'm afraid it may come down to doing it whether or not she likes it. Poor girl.

How are her urates (the white part of her poo)? White? Yellow?

I'm not forcing her at all I put warm water in her mister and am dripping it for her. She opens her mouth briefly like she is drinking to and then just spits it out.
Oh, good. Even if some leaks out, she is getting a little. As far as her turning dark in the shower, tough. Just leave her cage in there and face the shower head at the wall. The water bouncing off will be gentle, maybe annoying for her, but she needs it. Make sure you leave the room, or stay out of sight too. Every chameleon I've done this with takes about 5-10 minutes to start drinking, then they clean their eyes. This is all good, even though her color looks dark. I bet they all turn dark when it starts to rain in the wild too.

Back
Top Bottom