Help

camillethecham

Established Member
Just a few questions to make sure everything is on track, if you guys don't mind me asking.
1) I was told to give my cham calcium with D3 every 2 weeks and multivitamins every 2 weeks. Is it okay if I give her with D3 on the 1st of every month and the multivitamins on the 15th of every month, or should I be alternating them every other week?
2) I purchased the natural topsoil and the play sand for her laying bin. I mixed them together and wet it with water, is she going to try to eat the mix or should it be fine?
:):):)

It is best to alternate every week the calcium with D3 and the multivitamin. Are you also using calcium withOUT D3 at every feeding?
I dont have experience with females so I can't answer the second question but someone else here will be able too

It is best to alternate every week the calcium with D3 and the multivitamin. Are you also using calcium withOUT D3 at every feeding?
I dont have experience with females so I can't answer the second question but someone else here will be able too
Yes I dust without D3 at every feeding. I give her crickets in the morning and in the afternoon and dust both times. Thank you for your suggestion, I will give her with D3 tomorrow.

I also dust calcium without D3 at every feeding, and tend to offer calcium-dusted food twice a day for the females. There is only so much calcium that can be absorbed at any one time. Any excess calcium that can't be absorbed is bound up in the gut and not used. With females, my biggest worry is that they will deplete their calcium stores (their bones) laying eggs and not be able to absorb enough to replace it so I give them the longest time to absorb calcium (twice a day). You can adjust their feeding so that you don't over feed.

I also dust calcium without D3 at every feeding, and tend to offer calcium-dusted food twice a day for the females. There is only so much calcium that can be absorbed at any one time. Any excess calcium that can't be absorbed is bound up in the gut and not used. With females, my biggest worry is that they will deplete their calcium stores (their bones) laying eggs and not be able to absorb enough to replace it so I give them the longest time to absorb calcium (twice a day). You can adjust their feeding so that you don't over feed.
Thank you :D

Back
Top Bottom