help

I am curious are you dusting his food with calcium/vitamins, and if so what kinds and on what schedule? Also, what are you feeding his feeder insects (gut loading)?

Closing one eye can be a sign of vitamin A deficiency, see the thread below:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/cham-keeps-closing-one-his-eyes-66576/

Also, can you post some pics of the side profile of your chameleon so we can verify the gender?

Examples of the kind of pics needed are here:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-sex-baby-panthers-33997/

I used jewelry eye pins to secure all the vines and needle nose pliers to roll the pin tight to the OUTSIDE of the cage so there is nothing inside that will poke him. He HAS fallen once but it was while climbing the screen ceiling of the enclosure. However there is a soft towel on the bottom that he landed on and he got right back up and climbed to the top again. That's why I asked about downsizing for now. NHCF

I use zoomed repti calcium with d3. And reptivite. I got him last Friday so I have only dusted 2x with the calcium and once with the reptivite. I use vita bugs and feed them flukers cricket quencher and flukers orange cubes. I think the eye problem was due to shipping and something getting in it. It lasted for a couple days but it seemed fine today and since being flushed by the vet it has been fine. I ordered a male from the breeder but I know being this young its hard to sex. I will post a side pic tomorrow. He or maybe she is sleeping right now. Thanks for the questions. If you have any suggestions regarding the supplements please let me know. Thanks. NHCF

If he no longer closes his eyes than hopefully it was just something that got in there. However, you will want to dust his food with plain calcium (NO D3) every feeding. You will want to give him calcium WITH D3 twice a month, and multivitamin twice a month. The easiest way is to alternate between the two every week.

The flukers stuff does not do much for the chameleon, it is definitely better to feed with fresh vegetables, such as collard greens, mustard greens, kale, carrots, etc.

As for the gender, it is just best to be sure there were no mistakes made by the breeder since the care of males and females is very different. Some of the coloration in the pictures looked female, but it could be the lighting and I don't really have experience sexing baby panthers so hopefully someone else who does can comment.

sexing my panther

here are some side views of my Panther. Is anyone can help with the sexing I would appreciate it. Thank you. I ordered a male but with all the other problems I have had with the breeder it wouldn't surprise me if it was female. also I upgraded the enclosure. I added more vines and a small lemon tree.

Attachments

• IMG_20140610_153127.jpg
    IMG_20140610_153127.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 120
  • 1402429052512.jpg
    1402429052512.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_20140609_100240.jpg
    IMG_20140609_100240.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 1402429385197.jpg
    1402429385197.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 124
The pictures look female to me, but they are pretty blurry and small.

Anyone with more experience have an opinion??

Back
Top Bottom