Help!

Pazuzu

My Cham keeps getting worst I took him to two different vets and I got meds and I'm running out of my saving and I don't knw what to do, he was getting better but for the last couple days he sleeps all day and he hasn't been eating I seen him drink water

He sleeps all day doesn't move and now he closed both eyes I'm really scared i might loss him I weighed him on Sunday and he was 2.3gs and now his 2.5gs I really want to help him

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Veiled, male and 1 month old. I've had her for two and a half weeks
Handling - Only when needed
Feeding - I am feeding her 1/2 crickets and very small dubias He hasn't been eating much at all.
Supplements - reptil calcium whit out d3 every day and whit every other day week
Watering - I mist down the habitat with a spray bottle 2 time a day for about 3 minutes and a driper all day I work from 7 - 4 30 that's y I leave it on all day
Fecal Description - Hard to see.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - I mead a 23 by 24 by 50 but it's way to big for him so I divide it so now it's 23 by 24 by 25 , and it's duck tape tape together so he won't get stuck on it
Lighting - t8 UVB tube and a 100 watts daylight blue thr both zoo med
Temperature - It is about 70 to 85 degrees in the basking spot and 60 at the bottom
Humidity - About 60-70% humdity.
Plants - 1 ficus,1 pothos plants fake and lots of vines and branches.
Placement - Located in my bed room by the closet low traffic
Location - San Francisco

That is a very young chameleon. What was the original issue that alarmed you to bring it to the vet? And what was it's diet and how much was it eating when you first got it?

Do you have a pic or can you tell by it's eyes if it may be dehydrated?

You mentioned the basking spot goes as low as 70, it should be more consist and stay around that 85 range. I wonder how low do the temps drop at night?

Lastly D3 every other day is too much, once every other week is all that is needed. Some would say even less.

you are only getting 70-85 degrees with a 100 watt? How come such a fluctuation in temp?? What are you measuring with?

He had one eye closed and then he stared closing his both eye and I toke him to the vet and I thy didn't really knw wat it was thy just wanted to do surgery to see what it could be so I took him to another vet and thy gave me a cram and it was working but them he turned for the worst

And I don't think his dehydrated I saw his poop and it was white and brown

And it drops from 70 to 65 o 63

you are only getting 70-85 degrees with a 100 watt? How come such a fluctuation in temp?? What are you measuring with?

We'll i adjusted as I needed I read the care sheet that hotter the 85 the we'll cook so I move

Yea but seen yesterday he hasn't ate anything

Details are very important.

A basking of 70 is low to start with leave it at 85, the chameleon should move away to cool down.

Again how much was the chameleon eating before he had this issue?

I assume the vet prescribe a cream because they think something is wrong with the eye? What did the vet think was wrong with your chameleon?

Please post a pic so we can have a look see. We would love to have him pull through.

Details are very important.

A basking of 70 is low to start with leave it at 85, the chameleon should move away to cool down.

Again how much was the chameleon eating before he had this issue?

I assume the vet prescribe a cream because they think something is wrong with the eye? What did the vet think was wrong with your chameleon?

Please post a pic so we can have a look see. We would love to have him pull through.

Before he ate like 3 crickets and like 2 dubias
Yea we'll the first one said that it might be infected so she try to open it but she couldn't cus his so small so she wanted to open it up by cutting it and the the seconded one said that the UVB build was the thing that mead him close it and gave me the cream for that but his just getting worst

if he is that small you should try flightless fruit flies. As I said in an earlier post of yours this is a very young chameleon. He really should not have been sold until he was a bit older, until he was eating well on food that is easy to obtain.

if he is that small you should try flightless fruit flies. As I said in an earlier post of yours this is a very young chameleon. He really should not have been sold until he was a bit older, until he was eating well on food that is easy to obtain.

Yea I understand that and il get fruit flies but is ther any thing I could I want to help him get better I feel like poop every time I see him just laying down it brakes my heart i just want to get him better I already wasted $420 on vets I can't keep going like this if any one could help before another vet I would really appreciate it

Here's one

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 157
Looks like he's hydrated. Little bit of swelling under the eye though. Could be the UVB as suggested by the vet. Is the UVB 10.0 or 5.0? 10 could be too intense.

I also notice you made no mention of supplying multivitamins which should be taken once of twice a month. Vit A deficiencies or overdoses commonly cause issues with eyes.

How frustrating this must be for you!

I believe that the vet who told you the UVB bulb was too much is likely correct.

Until she begins to open her eyes again, I would leave the UV bulb off completely.

I would also give her a solution of half water/half Pedialyte so she gets some calories while she can't see at all and can't eat anything.
Some people have used a small eyedropper to gently drip the fluid onto the end of the nose--others use a handheld sprayer.
I would be sure that she is done drinking the Pedialyte mix and then mist or drip plain water to rinse away the Pedialyte/Water mix residue to keep it from promoting bacterial growth.

After her eyes heal, I would elevate the 5.0 UVB bulb about 6 inches higher than it has been in order to give her a lower level of UVB.
If it's a 10.0 perhaps the store will exchange it.

Back
Top Bottom