Help!!!

vlissa96

HEy guys im new! just bought my first chameleon a few weeks ago... hes a jackson and hes 5 months old! today i decided to do something different since i didnt see him eating the crickets i fed him 4 super worms! now has acting really wierd, he just went to sleep but other than tht he was acting slow and closing his eyes alot! any help!? ive been to pet stores but they havent been uch help. thank you.

HEy guys im new! just bought my first chameleon a few weeks ago... hes a jackson and hes 5 months old! today i decided to do something different since i didnt see him eating the crickets i fed him 4 super worms! now has acting really wierd, he just went to sleep but other than tht he was acting slow and closing his eyes alot! any help!? ive been to pet stores but they havent been uch help. thank you.

It is either super worms or maxworms, not sure which one, that if not killed completely by your cham will proceed to eat and digest the inside of your chams stomach.

This could also be a sign of something a lot more serious.

Keep a close watch on whether or not he is:
Closing both eyes during the time he should be active
Sleeping all day or going to sleep unsually early
Staying near the bottom in the coldest darkest place or sleeping in the shade
Keeping his eyes closed most of the day even while not basking.
Gaping of his mouth while not near a heat source.

These are symptoms of parasites and if you notice any of these things you need to take him to the vet immediately.

closing his eyes when he is very close to a bright light can be normal, however they keep the other eye open and observant during this time.
It is more commonly associated with parasitic infections and poisoning.
What kind of plants do you have?

oh and if it is the undead worm thing...
He should either regurgitate the contents of his stomach or digest the worm untill it dies within 24 hours and be back to normal. But like I said, keep a watch. Those are not good symptoms you are describing

oh and if it is the undead worm thing...
He should either regurgitate the contents of his stomach or digest the worm untill it dies within 24 hours and be back to normal. But like I said, keep a watch. Those are not good symptoms you are describing

i know their nottt! :( its def from the worms... it was probably too much and he ate them realllllly fast! i will be up all night hopefully checking on him i really hope hes back to normal in the morning! do you know how long they take to digest food!? thank youuuu !

The worm thing is an absolute myth and that is not the problem here. There has not been one documented case that I am aware of of a super worm eating through a chameleons stomach. I don't know who started this untruth! Also, as stated above ,gaping while not under a heat source, is not a sign of parasites, but of a possible respiratory infection. Lethargy and not eating along with runny stools along with undigested prey can be a sign of parasites.

The worm thing is an absolute myth and that is not the problem here. There has not been one documented case that I am aware of of a super worm eating through a chameleons stomach. I don't know who started this untruth! Also, as stated above ,gaping while not under a heat source, is not a sign of parasites, but of a possible respiratory infection. Lethargy and not eating along with runny stools along with undigested prey can be a sign of parasites.

i have noooo idea! like i said i just got him and hes a lot of maintaince and all but i dont mind... i just wanna do stuff right if hes not better tommorow im taking him to a vet for sure, but its wierd that it happened right after he ate the wormss he literally gulfed them down! thank you!

Thank you for discounting my research but i must ask, what is it that you think is the problem with her cham?
but yes the worm thing is a myth, needing to go to the vet is not.

would you please provide answers to all the questions in this sticky:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

include as much info about his care prior to your getting him as you can, in addition to what you yourself are doing.

Waxworms, mealworms and superworms do NOT chew on the insides of chameleons. That's utter twaddle, complete nonsense.
eating a few superworms will not cause a health issues

pet stores are not usually useful, but hopefully this forum and the services of a vet (if needed) should be

he woke today with his eyes open ! but he looks sad and his tummy is big... he doesnt wanna move im wating on him to use the bathroom to see what happens ;/

he woke today with his eyes open ! but he looks sad and his tummy is big... he doesnt wanna move im wating on him to use the bathroom to see what happens ;/

Sounds like me after a trip to the Indian buffet! Just keep an eye on him ;)

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 98
Back
Top Bottom