Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't not believe she can be saved. We can help identify the problem and help you fix them when you are ready for a new one.

Sorry for the little guy. :(

I have two new ones veiled species. Female and a male for down tha road breeding. That's to bad then cause she's moving little still. Thanks it happens

Your Chameleon - Veiled, male and female and age of your chameleon 6 months old and pic 9 years. How long has it been in your care? Four weeks
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Everyday when misting
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? Crickets What amount? 50 What is the schedule?every day How are you gut-loading your feeders? With powder
Supplements - What brand reptical and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Everyday calcium
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? None How often and how long to you mist? Sometimes Do you see your chameleon drinking? Kinda
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Barely any poop white brown Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?no
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. Died after eggs

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Screen?) What are the dimensions?18''18''36''
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? Heat and sunlight from window
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? I have no clue 74 I think
Humidity - What are your humidity levels?40% How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? Gauge
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Tree
Placement - Where is your cage located? Garage Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? No At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? 3 feet

Last edited:
They definitely shouldn't be put together just because they don't have big teeth they can still fight and cause stress to each other in different ways.

I mist my two 2-3 times a day and have a dripper runnin when Im not there.

Gutloading on powder alone isn't sufficient. The crickets should be gut loaded on fresh fruit and veg.

What tree is in the cage is it chameleon safe?

Is that also 50 crickets each?

Also did she she lay her eggs or not as high tempretures and a lot of food cause bigger clutches of eggs

O ill put one in a 20 gallon then so not stressed. I just put a piece of ice on top of cage. I add fruit and veggies now. It's a palm tree. Yes 50 crickets every two days.
She lay eggs was 94 degrees and 40-44 eggs I just threw them away the eggs. I not mate her.

Okay so I'm on my phone but I'll try and get it all.

Like its already been said they should not be houses together. It's extremely stressful for them. She needs a separate all screen cage.

That is a lot of crickets. Try switching up their diet with horn worms, silk worms, Dubai roaches, and many other options.

Like already said they need a different gutload. If you look around there are many many good threats about what's best for guy loading them.

A water system of some time should be installed and if you can not do that they should be misted by hand at least two/three times.

The screen cage will need to be upgraded to a 24x24x48 soon.

The sun through a window is not good light. The UVB lights which your chameleon needs can't penetrate through the glass. You need special UVB bulb.

The temperate is only 74 degrees.? It needs to be around 82-88 degrees I believe. With a basking light and a nice change through out the cage.

I believe it hit it all. Sorry if I did not.

Your welcome. Those need to be changed right away to keep the other from the same fate.

And probably sad because of the picture and what happened to the one Cham.

I am going threw a hard time with my cham and i just fear that i am going to wake up or come home and he isnt going to be alive .... so to see that pic, YES it was very sad ...

Aww well I wish you never seen that pic am sorry. What happen to your little guy if you don't mine me asking. She was a nine year old veiled that pic. She had it rough the last couple weeks was eating. Just found her this way dieing to know if it could of been eggs why she died. I hope your guy has better fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom