Help!

saminko

I've got a 3 year old veiled chameleon and around 6 I went in to spray him down and he had something weird hanging from his vent, after some looking up it looks like a hemi-penis prolapse. His hemi-penis is hanging out but there's a big red base around it, I don't know what to do, all the vets around me are closed and the closest one around me is over an hours away, I need help and fast.

How long has it been prolapsed like that?

If you have any KY jelly or other lubricant of sorts, put some on the vent/hemipenes and it should help it go back in. That's all the advice I can give right now.

If the prolapse has happened recently (within 30 minutes ago) I wouldn't worry too much.

I hope someone else can help out.

Also pictures really help

I 6 is when I noticed it so about 2 hours, by b.f is going out to get some ky, we tried a warm bath and spraying with cold water, I also tried to help massage him (with a rubber glove), it dosent seem to be bugging him at all. I can try and get some pics

I hope the pic works

Attachments

• DSCF0258.jpg
    DSCF0258.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 123
I am not 100% sure but I don't think that is a hemipenal prolapse but a prolapse of another sort. Warm water should not be used. Cold water and I have read on here that cold sugar water to soak the prolapse in. I think the hemipene should be red on the end and not brown like that unless maybe it is too far gone. It has not been out that long though. Whatever the case, if it does not go back in, you need to see a vet right away.

it has went in a little bit, there seems to be a bubble type thing keeping it from going in completely

It looks like it is a sperm plug (the lighter thing) hanging out of his hemipenis (the pink thing)

Try a good soak

he's scared of the water, we tried a soak :/ we even gave him a warm shower. its been like this for at least 4 hours

I would just keep the ky jelly or lubricant on it to keep it from trying out until you can get him to the vet. For a male veild, he has no spurs on the back of his feet it looks like in the picture!

This is really a medical emergency. The sooner you get him to a vet the more likely it is that he will survive it. It's imperative that you keep it moist or it will darken/become necrotic. Do not use vaseline if you have ky jelly.

Back
Top Bottom