Help!

gremlin980

So my year and half old panther was just drinking and just as he finished doing so he seemed to suck in his stomach until it was all the way inverted. He was opening his mouth very wide and gaping wildy. He kind of ran around the cage in a panick mode in made a final sprint for the top, flailed and gaped some more and then calmed down. I thought he was choking for sure, easily the scariest moment I have had with him. I've filled out a enclosure form and everything checks out. Anyone know what this might be?

So my year and half old panther was just drinking and just as he finished doing so he seemed to suck in his stomach until it was all the way inverted. He was opening his mouth very wide and gaping wildy. He kind of ran around the cage in a panick mode in made a final sprint for the top, flailed and gaped some more and then calmed down. I thought he was choking for sure, easily the scariest moment I have had with him. I've filled out a enclosure form and everything checks out. Anyone know what this might be?

my Jackson just did this yesterday, but she did not run around ( Olive does not move :p - even if her bum were on fire i think she would just sit there- lol) but she did the sucking up her rib cage and all - I also think she got to much water - do you have a dripper tube? that is what she was drinking out of - she is fine, but it is un-nerving I agree. I think he will be fine, I have seen others of mine do this too- and they never had any ill effects. I try to keep my drip tube low on the vine, she had pushed it up, and i think that makes an un-natural angle to drink from ( just MHO ) just keep an eye on him, but I bet he will be fine

Back
Top Bottom