Help!

Celtics4Lifee

My chameleon stayed in the same spot for a longtime, almost 8 hours. It's awake and it's eyes are moving and it's also changing colors. She is a 6.5 month veiled and she isn't moving. She is in the same spot she was when she went to sleep yesterday. Please, I'm worried right now.

I don't know enough to help, except to say to make sure your temps and humidity is correct.

Hey again........I still don't really see what there is to worry about....I responded to a few of your posts.....can you remind me how long you have had her please? When did she last eat and how much is she eating?

As David said, there is likely nothing to worry about. Sometimes chams will just sit. But a picture of your Cham and your set uo will help. Have you already filled out the how to ask for help form?

image_zps716193db.jpg
image_zps19eca652.jpg

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - 6.5 female vieled chameleon. I had it for 4 days.
Handling - I haven't handled it yet.
Feeding - She ate 2 crickets with me watching her. I put 4 and I guess she ate them all. I feed once since I got her. I plan on feeding again today. I haven't gut-loaded but I threw some cabbage and tomatoes, but I don't think that's a proper gutloading.
Supplements - I'm using Flukers Calcium with d3 and rep-cal herptivite (haven't used it yet). I dusted 4 crickets with the calcium with d3 once.
Watering - The little dripper with tap water with reptisafe. I mist it with tap water with reptisafe. I mist for 2 minutes for 3 times per day. I haven't seen Eva drink yet.
Fecal Description - Lime green. With black spots when I'm near the cage. She is CB.
History - She's from Chameleons Northwest. I bought her on Thursday January 4 but they shipped on Monday and arrived Tuesday.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting Here is some recommended information to include when asking for help in the health clinic forum. By providing this information, you will receive more accurate and beneficial responses. It might not be necessary to answer all these questions, but the more you provide the better. Please remember that even the most knowledgeable person can only guess at what your problem may be. Only an experienced reptile veterinarian who can directly examine your animal can give a true diagnosis of your chameleon's health.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - ReptiBreeze 18x18x36 screen
Lighting - Zilla Tropical UV T8 Terrarium Strip Light Fixture, I'm using the bulb that came with the fixture. Lights on at 7, off at 8.
Temperature - 70-80 degrees, basking spot is 88 to 92 degrees.
Humidity - 50% - %75 hand misting with a cool mist bottle I got from Disney-world. I use Temperature/Hygrometer combo from Zoo-Med
Plants - Ficus Benjamina, it's live.
Placement - in the corner of my room next to a window, shades are closed. Near a vent but I pointed/closed it. The top of the cage is 5' 9". In a low traffic area.
Location - Houston, Texas. Fort Bend County.

Current Problem - Eva isn't moving. She's hanging on vine, she's been there since last night. She's looking at me and she's also changing colors. She just isn't moving. She's moving her head.

4 days? :D Ok. Chams often take up to a week to settle in to a new house. You should be calm. Don't watch her all the time. She will be fine.

Lol - I haven't even been to sleep since you got her (depending on time zones...seriously...I ain't doing the math...)No wonder all the posts I responded too started to run into one. Maybe I ought to go to sleep soon but while I can spell and think straight I think it's gonna be ok......

I am 99% confident that there are no health issues to concern you here. And that's not just because I'm in a pretty unusual state of mind :).
RELAX DUDE!

I think its a rare deal when my boy does move ;) my guy can sit in the same spot for hours, only moving to get something to eat (i never see my boy drink, I know he does but never seen it lol) then go back to his spot to bask, he will move to his sleeping quarters though when its time for bed. Lately though he just turned 7 months old today i have seen him move around more, but that's only because i let a few crickets loose in his cage for him to hunt, most of his crickets go in his food bowl. but to be honest he doesn't move most of the time either.

Sorry, I'm not making myself as clear as I could be. At that age she can comfortably go a week without eating. Your setup looks great, some lucky people would have had hand feeding by now. Your girl is a proper chameleon though and she is probably going to take her time. Have you had a good look over the caresheet I posted you?
Here is some great laying bin info. if you don't have one set up yet you can distract yourself with this for a bit - https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/jannb/345-egg-laying-laying-bin.html
Are you getting a bit less worried at least? :)
I have some suggestoins for you.....the basking spot is a bit warm. I go for 82F for my girl. You will need a 'plain' calcium powder with no phosphorous or D3 in it for everyday dusting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom