HELP Worried it might be MBD

InternalYouth

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Male veiled chameleon, unknown age, have had him for 3 days.
Handling - Not too often, on his terms, doesn't show obvious signs of stress while out.
Feeding - 5-8 gut-loaded and dusted crickets every other day.
Supplements - Crickets dusted each feed with Zoo-Med Repti Calcium (ultra fine Precipitated Calcium Carbonate Supplement with Vitamin D3).
Watering - Misted twice a day, looking into buying an zoo med Repti Rain asap.
Fecal Description - Has not been tested for parasites but is normal white/brown poo, goes regularly.
History - Was kept in a small 18” x 18” x 12” exo terra terrarium at the store.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Zoo-Med naturalistic terrarium 18" x 18" x 24".
Lighting - Exo-terra Reptile UVB 100 (former Repti Glo 5.0) and Exo-terra Sun Glo 75w.
Temperature - roughly 78F cage temp, 89F basking spot with a drop to 72F at night
Humidity - roughly 60-70% humidity.
Plants - No live plants.
Placement - Kept in a bedroom about 2-3' from the floor, away from direct sunlight.
Location - Canada

Current Problem - My chameleon has a slightly bent casque and I'm not sure if his legs are starting to bow or if it's just my imagination. Also and he seems a bit twitchy, but I'm not sure if that is just because I scared him or something more serious (I only saw him do it once or twice). He has a slight overbite and also misses quite a bit with his tongue when he tries to catch crickets, but eventually succeeds and has no problem retracting his tongue.
However he isn't lethargic, has no problem getting around and has a strong grip. If I think of anything else I'll add it.

Should we take him back? Is anything actually wrong with him or am I imagining things?

here are some pictures of him: http://imgur.com/a/XuAm0

Tell me your thoughts! Thank-you :)

You should be dusting with plain calcium nothing else at every feeding and d3 and multi vits once a month. Idk how big he is but you'll be needing a 2x2x4 and a picture would help a lot better. Nvm you linked some pictures lol

You should be dusting with plain calcium nothing else at every feeding and d3 and multi vits once a month. Idk how big he is but you'll be needing a 2x2x4 and a picture would help a lot better. Nvm you linked some pictures lol
Thanks for the input! I'll switch his diet and look into getting a bigger terrarium for him. :)
Just two questions;
Does he seem healthy to you?
Also is the type of glass terrarium that I have him in alright or should I invest in an all-screen enclosure?

Back
Top Bottom