Help with Sexing Ambilobe Panther

The UvB unit sits 27cm above the branch. It's only an 8w unit until the bigger one comes so will I need to keep it a bit closer for now?

Yeah I would like more branches but struggling to find anything big enough. Hadn't thought about building a frames system, that's a good idea!

No there's no tape holding it up😂 They are permanent hooks made for bathrooms, I've used them around my reef tanks for years with no issues even with saltwater so I'm pretty confident they'll be safe to use.
So the thing is with T5 bulbs... The wattage directly correlates to the length of the bulb. 8 watts should be for a 12 inch.. The output distances are the same not reduced. The 12 inch puts out the same UVB as the 24 inch fixture and bulb. So you still would be looking at a 12 inch distance to branch for the correct UVI granted the UV-A still would not be right due to the bulb type being a 7%. Now this is due to the material your using under the bulb it will not reduce the output of the UVB like metal window screen material will.

I hope that makes sense... UVB lighting can get tricky and confusing.

If I added an arcadia Heat plus UvA bulb would that mean that the uvb light I have would be OK?
It is not something I would mess with personally. It means risking the health of the cham. I mean it is up to you as it is your cham not mine. But not something I would personally risk. UV-A is such a needed element and the tried and true way of providing it is with a 6% UVB bulb. It is balanced already for their needs. UVB and UVA.

Yeah you're right, I've bought this one and it's coming on Thursday, I'll just sell the smaller one! Can you just confirm this is the right one please?

Screenshot_20220307-171039_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Yeah you're right, I've bought this one and it's coming on Thursday, I'll just sell the smaller one! Can you just confirm this is the right one please?

View attachment 320973
That one is correct... So you will need a total distance of 12 inches between the bottom of the fixture to the highest branch below it. You can raise the fixture if you need to. If you switch out the hardware clothe on top for Aluminum window screen then you will only need 8-9 inches between.

Back
Top Bottom