Help with newborn Jacksons...

Synistra074

Hello all!
Now I know a few of you may get mad at me for this, but I work at a petstore.
Now, I've done a lot of research on almost every animal we house, and know care for most everything we get in stock.
Now, we had a Female Jackson come into the store about a month ago, and I could tell right away she had MBD. :mad: I sent her to the vet as soon as possible, and we're doing treatments, and hoping she'll do well. She looks better already. :)

A couple days after we got her back, the surprise came. BABIES.
She had 7,two were already dead, so there were 5 total.
We have since contacted who we got her from, and contacted corporate, so we no longer do business with this breeder.

I know what to do with 5+ month old Jax, but I'm seriously at a loss for what to do with these guys, especially because I hear they die easily.

I have a reptifogger running 24/7 because it gets very dry in the Isolation room, and they get misted 2-3 times a day.
We've been sticking to wingless fruit flies for now, because the crickets we have are a bit too big. They have plenty of room, but today another one died.

For those of you still reading, thank you!
Now, am I doing anything that could harm them, or could I be doing anything more to help? :confused:
Thank you so much for your time!
-Syn

Babies require cooler temps than adults - 80F basking spot is plenty. Also a drop in temps at night of at least 10 degrees is beneficial to them. Oh, and go easy on the supplements - Jackson's are more sensitive to over supplementing. I got my first Jax when he was just 7 weeks old. I gave him plain calcium once a week, vitamins without D3 once a week and vitamins WITH D3 once every 6 weeks, although others have followed different schedules with success too.

WIth mine, I found that if I stuck a piece of fruit in the cage the fruit flies would go to it and she found it easier to get to the food - I got her very young - the youtube help me a great deal also.

Flys are great for awhile.
Now no d3 or vitamins with sensitive Jackson babies.
Just calcium once a week.
It's hard on their insides.

When they become harder then start with supplements.

Back
Top Bottom