Help With New Baby Chameleon

TommyTsunami88

Hey I got my baby boy veiled four month old this tuesday. He is UNBELIEVABLY TIMID. I mist him 3 times daily for about 30 seconds. His colors came out and he looks great. But I am nervous about him eating and also drinking. I released crickets into the cage the first day and he ate a good few now I am finding a lot of dead crickets on the bottom of the enclosure. They will climb the screen and sit at the top. It seems like hes not eating but of course I dont know what he does while I am not around. Some help and advice would be great.

NOTE: AFTER LOOKING AT THE CRICKETS THEY ARE WAY TOO BIG FOR HIM. COULD THAT BE THE REASON HE ISNT EATIN?

what kind of chameleon and what kind of feeders are you using and how big? whats your set up like schedules supplements etc? need to know before can answer

what kind of chameleon and what kind of feeders are you using and how big? whats your set up like schedules supplements etc? need to know before can answer

velied, just gutloaded crickets and I have reptical and herptivite the crickets are bigger than the pinheads but they arent the huge ones but the def arent small by any means. He at like 3 or 4 the first day so Im sure hes probably still digesting em, hah

If you want to cup feed to track the crickets try the jug method instead. I posted a pic of what I use just last night.

If you want to cup feed to track the crickets try the jug method instead. I posted a pic of what I use just last night.

yeah I tried that and the crickets where still there when I went to bed. Does he eat like every other day or what? hah. I just want him to be healthy

If your worried about hydration give him a steam bath or let him hangout on towel rack if you get shower really steamy like I do, just make sure he doesnt get laser'd with a bead of hot water, from my limited exp my cham specially when he was young would eat alot and sit a couple days before eating again and if he is about to start shedding he also might not want to eat and be unfriendly. got any pic of the guy? if you get a chance look in his mouth and make sure there are no black, brown yuk spots or white plaque style ones. His mouth throat should be pink in color but dont mistaken the toungue as the toungue may be purple blackish. If his eyes are clean and his mouth is pink and he is hydrated usually that is good news. Maybe mix in a softer plant. My cham really likes eating his jade and would eat some christmas cactus(dont know real name of the cactus) too when it was young. I post a decent sized list of plants in the cage trees topic yesterday.

If your worried about hydration give him a steam bath or let him hangout on towel rack if you get shower really steamy like I do, just make sure he doesnt get laser'd with a bead of hot water, from my limited exp my cham specially when he was young would eat alot and sit a couple days before eating again and if he is about to start shedding he also might not want to eat and be unfriendly. got any pic of the guy? if you get a chance look in his mouth and make sure there are no black, brown yuk spots or white plaque style ones. His mouth throat should be pink in color but dont mistaken the toungue as the toungue may be purple blackish. If his eyes are clean and his mouth is pink and he is hydrated usually that is good news. Maybe mix in a softer plant. My cham really likes eating his jade and would eat some christmas cactus(dont know real name of the cactus) too when it was young. I post a decent sized list of plants in the cage trees topic yesterday.

Would the crickets being to large make him not eat? hes 4 months old and I thought pinhead crix were just too small. Maybe I was wrong.

Back
Top Bottom