Help with misting times

No one can say for sure.

Everyones situation is different.

Its going to depend on your RH levels where you live, species, and cage setup.

You want 3-4 sessions a day for a panther.

Id say 30min to an hr after lights on, then just before halfway through the animals day, then just after the halfway point, and one in the afternoon.

You want the enclosure to dry out in between though. You also want to make sure your last session is early enough for things to dry completely before lights off.

You want at least one longer session a day, like 10+ min, but most can be around 5min or so in my opinion.

How many times per day do you mist your panther chameleon and for how long? Thanks

It depends on the humidity level in the room, how much live foliage you have to hold water droplets, and the temps. The drier the room the more frequent you'll need to spray. What's your humidity level now? You will most likely have to experiment as your particular situation will be unique. At the least, you'll need one to two good soaking misting sessions a day so he can drink enough. But, if your room is dry the cage will dry out faster between sprayings.

Depends where you're from...If your room/area is pretty humid as is, you can have less mist sessions. If it's bone dry, then you'd want allot of mist sessions to maintain your humidity.

You just want to be sure you let your cage dry out before another mist session.

I'll be assuming and guess you have a panther cham according to your avatar.

So far I have my mister go off 3x a day for 5 minutes each mist. My cham took awhile to get used to it, but he starts to drink when the mister goes on now.

Some members have 8 mists a day at 30 seconds each to a minute , some have 2 but for 30 minute mists, etc. It really just varies.

You can try out 4 mists at 2-3 minutes each every 3 hours or so, just make sure your cage is completely dry before the lights cut off.

The key is to maintain a high humidity but let it drop to about 50% till the next mist cycle and then it'll spike right back up to high 80's.

If you have trouble with maintaining your humidity, you can buy a clear shower curtain and wrap the sides of your enclosure. Just add slits in it so the air won't become stagnant.

I'll test it soon and get back to you guys thanks! It is probably dry because it is a sealed off room with marble floors, with 0 wetness other than in his cage.

I'm doing some work right now, but when I get done I'll post the room's exact humidity (not his cage). If you guys don't mind I'll inbox you guys for your ideas and input once I know what the humidity is.

I'm doing some work right now, but when I get done I'll post the room's exact humidity (not his cage). If you guys don't mind I'll inbox you guys for your ideas and input once I know what the humidity is.

Pictures of the setup would also be helpful.

Back
Top Bottom