Help with lighting

Alagarde

Getting ready to be a first time cham keeper...yay! As I'm working at getting my enclosure ready I'm having difficulties finding a hood for my Arcadia T5 HO 12% 22" bulb. Are these compatible with the Zoo Med T5 24" hood? If not what type of hood should I purchase and where? Enclosure will be a 24x24x48 screen cage.

24x24x48 gets a 6%, not a 12%. 12% are for those with meters or not very reflective hood (giant mono reflector across 4 bulbs for example).

Best bet is just by the zoomed hood that comes with the 5.0. It will come with a 5.0 thats just as good(and will last just as long). They are like $50-60.

If you want some more light, i would recomend this hood and sme 6500k daylight bulbs:

https://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-Agrobrite-FLT48-Fluorescent-System/dp/B0031CA3OM

The above vivosun may also work since it has individual reflectors too, i just have not experience with it. I know the hydrofarm comes with a quality balast.

24x24x48 gets a 6%, not a 12%. 12% are for those with meters or not very reflective hood (giant mono reflector across 4 bulbs for example).

Best bet is just by the zoomed hood that comes with the 5.0. It will come with a 5.0 thats just as good(and will last just as long). They are like $50-60.

If you want some more light, i would recomend this hood and sme 6500k daylight bulbs:

https://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-Agrobrite-FLT48-Fluorescent-System/dp/B0031CA3OM

The above vivosun may also work since it has individual reflectors too, i just have not experience with it. I know the hydrofarm comes with a quality balast.

I think that is the other one I saw. I do not have specifics on either, but if it were me I would spend the $66 and get one of the types mentioned (with duel bulbs). Check reviews for bet quality.

Care will be easier if plants are doing well.

I run the Arcadia 12% as well. 22” bulb 24” hood. I have a quad hood though. 1 12% UVB and 3 6500K. Works great.

I think that is the other one I saw. I do not have specifics on either, but if it were me I would spend the $66 and get one of the types mentioned (with duel bulbs). Check reviews for bet quality.

Care will be easier if plants are doing well.

Honestly with the advancements in leds in the laste 18 months, Im no longer on the dual and quad band wagon. I still run a dual(one 6500k) but if i was buying now id just get a mono usb, and a 6500k grow light :)

Back
Top Bottom