Help with large enclosure (2m x 1.5m x 2.5m)

That is one awesome enclosure you built. One of the best I've seen. You put a lot of time and effort in that project. I give you an A. Love the size

Thought I would give a small update,

I think this is pretty much from when it was first setup:

51264844374_a591fcb50b_b.jpg

And here is how it has grown in over the last ~year

51264266213_6d1b88b861_b.jpg

I had a bit of an issue with leaks, i'm not sure how as it was fully lined but there we go. Now that the plants have settled in a bit they are using the water up so i've been able to increase how much they get.

There's been a few challenges around having a larger enclosure, temperatures and water have been more difficult but the biggest issue has been creating a basking spot that he recognizes.

My first mistake was by using lots of bright LEDs, Kamil would just sit in the brightest spot he could find rather than the warmest spot, so i've had to have a move around and make sure I have the jungle dawn spotlight pointing at the basking spot so that it is the brightest area.

I've also had a little bit of a challenge around the mesh I have used being big enough for the food to escape, but on the otherhand I don't have to worry about him damaging his feet/nails so its a compromise worth taking.

Overall I'm pleased i've managed to provide a much more varied habitat for him and his old 2x2x4 looks very cramped in comparison.

I have also mostly got the lighting sorted out, it does now reflect the current weather in Madagascar although the next step is to align the mister with that (obviously not going to be simulating 2 hr rain storms)
Holy ####, that´s beautiful :love::love::love: Love the authentic room, is it part of your house or a barn (or something)?

Makes me think of the available free space I got at home 🤔😈

LOVE LOVE LOVE this set up. I

dk if anyone has mentioned this is in the past, but your cham looks a bit overweight in the pics you posted of him. You can tell by the top of his casque being rounded and puffy. It is advised to keep chams leaner which means the top of their heads should be flat.

I Missed this post but you were spot on from the images I shared.

They were from 2018, here's one from June 2020.

51263371257_412b373c1b_b.jpg

Quite a lot of hard work getting his weight back under control and also a bit of gout.

And as this is an enclosure thread here's another of him in it

52093433514_a87a7e46b7_b.jpg

He hatched around August 2015, so he's getting on a bit now, need to make some mods to his enclosure to make it easier for him :(

Back
Top Bottom