help with juvenile Jacksons diet

spottea

So, I've had my lttle female Jackson's for a week now, and I'm not sure if I'm giving her enough to eat.
Her first day, she wouldn't eat anything. The following day, I offered her some calcium dusted crickets, and I did see her eat some. So exciting! Then I had to go in and get some of them out of the cage as they were too big for her, poor thing. I've also given her a few dubias which I think she's eating as they disappear somewhere. But, I don't know how many, and I'm also not sure how old she is, as I forgot to ask FLChams when I bought her, I was too excited!
I have read the caresheets, but I'm still unsure food wise. I have bought small crickets, and gutloaded them with cricket crack, and yesterday, with some carrot. The dubias I'm keeping outside, and I gave them a bit of carrot too. None wanted to eat the mustard greens. Do you have to chop it up?
Also gave her some Phoenix worms which I think she ate, but how many?
Waxworms, I know she ate one, but the others died after a couple of days in the fridge.
I'd like to go and catch some wild bugs for her on day, as soon as I know there's a pesticide free zone nearby!
Any feedback appreciated.
:confused:

I could bring some blue bottle flies to my work with me, and meet you on my way back home sometime this week. Working a hour later so sometime after 6:00pm. You will see the cham eat these guys. I feed to my mantis mostly, but chams love them too.

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 104
Wow, I can't believe somebody actually replied to one of my posts! I thought I was persona nongrata last week.
Thank you so much for offering up some bluebottles. I won't have a day off until Thursday though. Will that be a problem? When I work I don't get home until 8 p.m. so that's no good...
Let me know if the end of the week is good for you, and thanks again!

I also got my Jacksons (male) from Flchams. They usually sell them at age 6 months old.

Mine didn't eat for almost a week, so don't worry too much about that now, just make sure she's getting water - Jacksons LOVE water! It's been my experience that they also don't really eat as much as Veileds do, due to the cooler climate they like.

I feed my baby Jackson's (2 1/2 months old) staple flies that I get at mantisplace along with crickets and fruit flies-the staple flies are smaller than a regular house fly and smaller than the blue bottle flies.

I also got my Jacksons (male) from Flchams. They usually sell them at age 6 months old.

Mine didn't eat for almost a week, so don't worry too much about that now, just make sure she's getting water - Jacksons LOVE water! It's been my experience that they also don't really eat as much as Veileds do, due to the cooler climate they like.

I thought she was younger than that, so thanks for sorting the age thing out for me. I do have a good drip system going, as I am gone so long when I work, so can't mist as often as I should. I actually have 2 drippers going, one I made myself and a Big Dripper, so there's lots to drink.
On my days off, I'm able to mist more, but it is quite humid here in SoCal at the moment, so I'm not too worried.
Chris

Chris, I get flies from Steve regularly. Next time I meet up with him I could grab some for you. Only problem I won't be available until August 1st.

You will see a change in their behavior. They will go nuts chasing the flies around.

Luis

Chris, I get flies from Steve regularly. Next time I meet up with him I could grab some for you. Only problem I won't be available until August 1st.

You will see a change in their behavior. They will go nuts chasing the flies around.

Luis

Steve offered to bring me some this week, but thank you anyway!
It's good to have a cham buddy!
Chris

Back
Top Bottom