Help with jacksons

Dtmalvinni

So the other day I realized when I try to hand feed him or get my hand near him he's starts shaking his whole body and head kinda like a seizure but he is able to move around fine and nothing else has changed

His is is warning sign of "Hey buddy, back off!" He's doesn't like whatever it is your doing. Don't be offended, its in his nature.

how long have you had him??? If you just got him, give him a few weeks to settle in before you start trying to get too close. Moving into a new environment is stressful enough for them. You have to be patient and take interaction with them slowly.

oh ok. I thought maybe you just got him. Is there anything that has changed with your appearance? Are you wearing like a watch, ring. bracelet, or something that he could be feaful of? They are very strange creatures and get upset at the littlest things. I had put a pale pink towel in the bottom of the cage to soak up some water and my chameleon freaked out over it. He also hates my lawnmower and will just shake and get very skinny and wrinkly when he sees it.

My male jacksons does that too, its like shaking or trembling! he is very tame
and friendly too and sometimes leaps onto my hand and snuggles on my shoulder, so I know it isnt a warning sign to keep away.

I also noticed that my male veiled will emitt a low frequency 'vibration' when I pet him under the chin.
I have read that it's believed (but still not known) that this is a kind of communication within the same species.
As for the trembling jackx, I have no clue !!

My Xanth does it too! Usually he will squirm and wriggle and open his mouth really wide too and finishes it off with a shudder! He did it so violently once when he was little that he lost his balance and fell off his vine, bless him! :D Mine is also very friendly and doesn't see me as a threat usually.

Back
Top Bottom