Help with humidifier!

Kaylee1

So just about a few days ago, I took my chameleon to the vet. She told me to watch the humidity, (I have a mist king and just put up shower curtains) so I went out and bought a crane humidifier as well. I have attached a tube to run all the way to the top of the cage to come out of the top and it will not pump any fog out of the top. I’m having a hard time figuring out if there’s too much water buildup in the tube or if I should try pvc pipe? The fog is coming out if I lift the cone just isn’t coming up the tube. Help please!!
eb39b904-e968-4ce8-809c-336fb53b0fb7-jpeg.233952

Attachments

• EB39B904-E968-4CE8-809C-336FB53B0FB7.jpeg
    EB39B904-E968-4CE8-809C-336FB53B0FB7.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 399
So just about a few days ago, I took my chameleon to the vet. She told me to watch the humidity, (I have a mist king and just put up shower curtains) so I went out and bought a crane humidifier as well. I have attached a tube to run all the way to the top of the cage to come out of the top and it will not pump any fog out of the top. I’m having a hard time figuring out if there’s too much water buildup in the tube or if I should try pvc pipe? The fog is coming out if I lift the cone just isn’t coming up the tube. Help please!! View attachment 233951
View attachment 233953
Its possible that the humidifier isnt strong enough to push the fog up through the pipe and out at the top. I had an old fogger that did that and I had to replace it. Regardless, you should not be running a fogger in to the enclosure during the day time while your lights are on. To increase your humidity, do you have any live plants? And how often are you misting. Just the addition of the shower curtains around the outside of your enclosure may be enough to increase your humidity without the need for a humidifier. I am in Denver and I have done it all to increase humidity!

So just about a few days ago, I took my chameleon to the vet. She told me to watch the humidity, (I have a mist king and just put up shower curtains) so I went out and bought a crane humidifier as well. I have attached a tube to run all the way to the top of the cage to come out of the top and it will not pump any fog out of the top. I’m having a hard time figuring out if there’s too much water buildup in the tube or if I should try pvc pipe? The fog is coming out if I lift the cone just isn’t coming up the tube. Help please!! View attachment 233951
View attachment 233953
I have this same humidifier. I can't help you on tubing for it though because I do not use it that way for my chams. I simply turn it on and leave it on in their room. I believe it and find it to be more natural and much less of a hassle.

Back
Top Bottom