help with homemade enclosure in a pinch

your welcome. There is a lot to remember with these guys.
So missy Bambi has pinworms--a high enough count the vet wants to deworm, and we have to get a fecal sample in for the male yet (the 11 year old I took him from named him Banba, lol), but he the vet also says Banba shows no classic signs of MBD but just needs calories :). He said not to change Bambi's substrate out for two weeks, when we take her back for the second deworming.

So missy Bambi has pinworms--a high enough count the vet wants to deworm, and we have to get a fecal sample in for the male yet (the 11 year old I took him from named him Banba, lol), but he the vet also says Banba shows no classic signs of MBD but just needs calories :). He said not to change Bambi's substrate out for two weeks, when we take her back for the second deworming.
Sounds like your vet knows what they are talking about. If it were me I would not move her until you get a clean fecal on her. You will want to clean all her branches and plants down to ensure she does not drink from an area with prior fecal matter. This is how they recontaminate themselves. If you are free feeding you will want to add a feeder run instead. Same risk of re contamination.

Sounds like your vet knows what they are talking about. If it were me I would not move her until you get a clean fecal on her. You will want to clean all her branches and plants down to ensure she does not drink from an area with prior fecal matter. This is how they recontaminate themselves. If you are free feeding you will want to add a feeder run instead. Same risk of re contamination.
I’ve been keeping up with the poop. I look and clean up wherever she goes poop every day and I don’t free feed. She eats out of a bowl I made. She was pooping in it after she would eat, but I washed it out with Dawn dish soap every time. The vet plans on doing 2 more deworms I believe.

Back
Top Bottom