Help with Hatching

hollycham

Eggs Hatching?

Ok am kind of worried about a couple of the eggs... yesterday looked like they were sweating and then stuff started to leak out that looks thick and clearish liquid but still no baby trying to break out. Now this morning one of them are doing this is starting to look really yellow :confused:
Shd I break this egg open myself if it doesn't hatch out by tonight?

I wouldn't. It's better to let the baby be strong enough to come out on its own. I had the same thing happen with one of my panther eggs. after a couple days a baby did come out.

How old are they? Did you recently add any water? Sometimes they will burst open if too much water is added. The yellow one could possibly just be going bad. Some infertile eggs will stay viable looking until well after the fertile eggs have hatched.

They are 7 months old now and I did not add any more water then I usually do once a month but that was a week ago and I use a baby dropper to do it so that I don't get any water on the egg and very little is deposited around them. They have been sweating for and leaking stuff out for 3 days now and still no babies and the one is getting really really yellow and looks like it is shrinking....Should I break them open?

I have a few of my eggs that have been sweating and leaking stuff out for 3 full days now. They are starting to look really yellow now and am worried the babies are going to die. One of them have really shrunk in size also. They are 7 months out from being layed. Should I break these few eggs open to get the out????

They are 7 months old now and I did not add any more water then I usually do once a month but that was a week ago and I use a baby dropper to do it so that I don't get any water on the egg and very little is deposited around them. They have been sweating for and leaking stuff out for 3 days now and still no babies and the one is getting really really yellow and looks like it is shrinking....Should I break them open?

No. The eggs will shrink and sweat and then pip. You will see a split in the end of the egg and it can take a few days after pipping before th baby crawls out of the egg. Patience grasshopper, lol. Almost too much to take, isnt it?

I would probably look inside of one of them.

I just noticed your other thread and some very experienced breeders said to wait so I now think you should listen to them.

Last edited:
I have a few of my eggs that have been sweating and leaking stuff out for 3 full days now. They are starting to look really yellow now and am worried the babies are going to die. One of them have really shrunk in size also. They are 7 months out from being layed. Should I break these few eggs open to get the out????

I replied to your other post. Do not break into the eggs. They can take a few days after pipping and it can take 4 days after starting to sweat to pip so you have to be patient. The whole process can take a week once you see the first droplets on the egg. Worst case the eggs will never pip , in which case you could try to cut the egg open but I have not had good luck in that situation so I don't bother doing that anymore. If the egg sweats, shrinks, and never pips it was not meant to hatch, JMO

Ok great thanks so much to all of you for your advice. I appreciate it greatly. Sorry, When I had checked the first post I did not see either of your last responses so I created a new thread. In no way was I ignoring your advice. Being my first clutch I am very very nervous and don't want to do anything to harm the babies :(
I will wait and let nature take its course

I have a batch of panthers hatching out right now, most of them have slit the egg, and will stay in the egg for about 2 days before fully emerging. give them some time, they will come out on thier own..if the eggs are denting, add some water to the incubation medium, if they dont return to normal after a day or so, they may be ready to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom