Help With Geckos

Nicholasdeaan

Avid Member
I'm wanting a gecko, just not sure what species I want and can't really decide. Anyone have any suggestions? A species that is rather larger is preferred. Thanks!

uroplatus_phantasticus.jpg

You should get one of these Satanic leaf gecko (Uroplatus phantasticus) just don't let it see a cross.

If you are wanting larger, I would go with Tokays. I had a trio for almost 13 years. They were awesome and they got HUGE!! Plus their colors are amazing!
images.jpg

I would say more hardy than a chameleon, but a little harder than a leopard gecko. But if you got a chameleon down that shouldn't be a problem. You just have to be carful with their tails they come off easy, and don't come back. This is what they look like

Attachments

• thCAZJKN5J.jpg
    thCAZJKN5J.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 131
uroplatus_phantasticus.jpg

You should get one of these Satanic leaf gecko (Uroplatus phantasticus) just don't let it see a cross.

If my kid wasn't so set on a chameleon I would like this. Very unusual and colorful.

Is this a male? Or a subspecies? Do they all look like this? Hardy?

If my kid wasn't so set on a chameleon I would like this. Very unusual and colorful.

Is this a male? Or a subspecies? Do they all look like this? Hardy?
I'm not sure.I know they are expensive like $300-400 and pretty much all males guess breeders keeping females for themselves? But I think they are the coolest looking lizard.

This is an older picture of my largest leachiaus gecko. He was about 70g in these pics. He's just over 100g now and I expect he will grow to about 300g. These are the largest species of gecko. I currently have 2 females and the male pictured. They are an awesome species!

Attachments

• 034.JPG
    034.JPG
    205.2 KB · Views: 197
  • 040.JPG
    040.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 218
This is a picture of my smaller female. She is currently about 55g.
I almost got one of these guys the other day! I think they're an amazing looking speices and love how big they get. Do you plan on breeding the female? I'd definitely be interested in buying a hatchling if you decided to! More pics!

Back
Top Bottom