Help with food.

Wow that is a fiesty chameleon. Mine has a fit when it comes to lifting her out. But once I do she is straight up into my neck for a cuddle or she will sit in her tree branch on the window being nosey
I didn't mention the months of gaping, hissing, and biting (drawing blood)... :eek:
He'll still give me a gape and a look as he cautiously steps onto my hand as if to say, "I'm climbing up here now—don't mess wif me!"

Sorry to pop your 🎈but IDT she's up into your neck for a "cuddle." It's a close convenient place to get up high and hide (if your hair is long enough). 🤓

Mine loves looking out the front window for hours too—at least until the Sun moves... :rolleyes:

1634909136006.png

I didn't mention the months of gaping, hissing, and biting (drawing blood)... :eek:
He'll still give me a gape and a look as he cautiously steps onto my hand as if to say, "I'm climbing up here now—don't mess wif me!"

Sorry to pop your 🎈but IDT she's up into your neck for a "cuddle." It's a close convenient place to get up high and hide (if your hair is long enough). 🤓

Mine loves looking out the front window for hours too—at least until the Sun moves... :rolleyes:

View attachment 313065
I've had a few bites and they definitely aren't fun. I'm still going to call it a cuddle even though its not because it melts my heart when she does it. You have a beautiful chameleon. I love seeing the colours of the Panther chameleon. Mines a Veiled so no drastic colours here.

Hi everyone,
I've recently been trying to improve my chameleons husbandry and I'm struggling with what food I can feed her... I live in the countryside and the closest way for me to get food is off of a local reptile place, but they only sell Crickets, Locusts and Mealworms... I've been told not to be feeding my chameleon mealworms but they are something she really likes and will sometimes refuse to eat her locusts and crickets because she wants the mealworms. I was wondering if there are any other worms that my chameleon can eat on an every other day basis? It might be important to add that I'm from Northern Ireland so insects might be limited.
My cham is the same, she just had her 1st clutch, and she will only eat mealworms and crickets, she is very spoiled and when she is hungry she likes me to use the bug tweezers and drop them in her mouth, she also drinks put of a squirt bottle lol, today I tried to drop a silkworm in her mouth and this girl spit it out, I tried a mealworm, and she swallowed it. To try to trick her I fed her some crickets and then tried another silk worm. She closed her mouth and I sat in the chair next to her cage and secretly watched her, once I was out of her view she spit it out again lol

My cham is the same, she just had her 1st clutch, and she will only eat mealworms and crickets, she is very spoiled and when she is hungry she likes me to use the bug tweezers and drop them in her mouth, she also drinks put of a squirt bottle lol,
That's quite unusual. Has she had a tongue injury or mouth infection?

Back
Top Bottom