Help with cup feeding please

Juanns01

Hi, if you’ve replied to my other posts you know that I got this chameleon about a month or two ago and she is doing great. I see her eat all the time but she is a little shy. I am trying to switch her to cup feed as a baby because most of the roaches just chill at the bottom and don’t get eaten. She will watch the roaches in the feeder cup but she doesn’t really notice them or eat them. Any suggestions?

Hi, if you’ve replied to my other posts you know that I got this chameleon about a month or two ago and she is doing great. I see her eat all the time but she is a little shy. I am trying to switch her to cup feed as a baby because most of the roaches just chill at the bottom and don’t get eaten. She will watch the roaches in the feeder cup but she doesn’t really notice them or eat them. Any suggestions?
Can you take a picture of the feeder cup?

I cup hand feed my girl swishing around the feeders
If the dubia are on their back obviously more movement

So I initially was going to make it a feeder run cup, but I’m waiting to get a fabric my dad says he has. Right now they just sit at the bottom and she was just staring at them forever but is now starting to move away, I would get out my room to give her space but she still hasn’t eaten any.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 87
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 92
I feed my girl ina smaller cup, and usually just hold the Dubias and crickets, not a fan of holding worms though so I do put those in a cup. I do what @Flick boy says, I hold the cup and swish them around for more movement, but if your Cham is shy or scared of your hands then this may not work for you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 83
I feed my girl ina smaller cup, and usually just hold the Dubias and crickets, not a fan of holding worms though so I do put those in a cup. I do what @Flick boy says, I hold the cup and swish them around for more movement, but if your Cham is shy or scared of your hands then this may not work for you.
Yeah, she’s pretty shy. Most likely because she’s still young and small. I will keep trying though

You need a "ladder" on the back wall of your hanging feeder cup, the roaches need something to climp up the wall. I find my chameleons like things that are are climbing rather then on the ground.

Yeah, she’s pretty shy. Most likely because she’s still young and small. I will keep trying though
Yes, keep trying. I have a had my chameleon since the beginning of September. At first she would have never eaten from my hand but now she recognizes that I am the one who feeds her and she will often walk onto my hand without any force now. It just takes time

You need a "ladder" on the back wall of your hanging feeder cup, the roaches need something to climp up the wall. I find my chameleons like things that are are climbing rather then on the ground.
Yea I’m still working on that, my dad is one of the least reliable person I know. you have to remind him 8 times.

Yes, keep trying. I have a had my chameleon since the beginning of September. At first she would have never eaten from my hand but now she recognizes that I am the one who feeds her and she will often walk onto my hand without any force now. It just takes time
Ok thanks, I am really trying to earn this girls trust and she eats in front of me but she won’t eat from me. I just tried a minute ago and she wouldn’t take them but she would look at them forever.

Ok thanks, I am really trying to earn this girls trust and she eats in front of me but she won’t eat from me. I just tried a minute ago and she wouldn’t take them but she would look at them forever.
I’ve had to wait up to 5-10 minutes just standing there with a bug on my hand for her to actually come and get it, that’s good thats he’s eating in front of you though I’m sure you’ll gain her trust as long as you keep trying. :)

Ok I don't know what amount of time you have. With my dogs I place dish down for a bit don't eat dish lifted . Simple. So then this is just psychology and recognition. And also your cham associatates you with a good experience. So swish bugs little or no response leave/ return/ repeat

Ok I don't know what amount of time you have. With my dogs I place dish down for a bit don't eat dish lifted . Simple. So then this is just psychology and recognition. And also your cham associatates you with a good experience. So swish bugs little or no response leave/ return/ repeat
it Depends on the day, my parents are divorced so when I’m at my dads i walk over here and feed her and check on her then go back home. I could definitely do that method on the days i am with my mom though. Would you say offer the food every hour until she takes it?

No minutes . So I would offer food no response go put the kettle on try again no response get washed try again . But you can put a shooting gallery in I personally haven't had any luck with them as my crickets have bounced out

No minutes . So I would offer food no response go put the kettle on try again no response get washed try again . But you can put a shooting gallery in I personally haven't had any luck with them as my crickets have bounced out
Alright, I think I can do that. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom