Help with Cricket Setup

Adding the beetles can help with your problem but I honesty would switch to roaches. They don’t smell and not so noisy, I can hear them sometimes running around in the bin

I tried Dubias a bunch of times. I still have a bunch. Ares will not touch them. Its just a waste of $ at this point. I'm stuck with Crickets, supers, Silkies. I get a llot of die off..
This is how I keep them.. I get my crickets from the cricket ranch.. Good price , Fast delivery all are alive..
1 30g crash can, cleaned 1x a week very stinky
egg crates cut to fit .
1 heat pad on 24/7, temps are about 75f inside the can. 8"x 18" stuck to outside of bin.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X8H4ZBV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
1 CFL light 12/12
Water
Bug Burger

Last edited:
I tried Dubias a bunch of times. I still have a bunch. Ares will not touch them. Its just a waste of $ at this point. I'm stuck with Crickets, supers, Silkies.
Have you tried tough love and starving him till he takes the dubias? Larry is like that he’s not a fan of roaches but that’s all he gets or else he will only eat the supers and hornworms. I’m just a jerk keeper lol but I know it’s not easy to get them to eat

I have put only Dubias in. After a week there still there or dead. When there in he goes on a hunger strike

Have you tried anything else then dubias? @jamest0o0 has a huge roach collection he’s willing to share if you tell him he’s a pretty pony im still not sure why but hey.... anyways hit him up he knows a lot about roaches

Last edited:
Have you tried anything else then dubias? @jamest0o0 has a huge roach collection he’s willing wi share if you tell him he’s a pretty pony im still not sure why but hey.... anyways hit him up he knows a lot about roaches

You know what is freaking hilarious about you saying that? When I was in like 9th grade or something i made my xbox live username pony princess and would play madden online

Have you tried anything else then dubias? @jamest0o0 has a huge roach collection he’s willing to share if you tell him he’s a pretty pony im still not sure why but hey.... anyways hit him up he knows a lot about roaches
Ya, I feed Crickets, Silk Worms, Supers.. I keep these on hand for his main diet. Lately he's been refusing Crickets. Getting picky what he will eat. Today he ate Silkies and Supers. He likes Supers the best. There not very nourishing. I dont like feeding many of those. My dude is stating to become a Adult. His eating habits are changing from when he was younger. If he eats 5 feeders a day its a good day. He use to eat 8-10 crickets a day. Lately its been 3-5..

I ordered 250 BUFFALO BEETLE'S to keep the Cricket bin clean.. I never used a cleaning crew so its my 1st attempt. I dont think these can fly?. I put a layer of Vaseline on the bin so they cant climb out.

Cleaning crew def made a difference in smell. Only issue now is its harder to clean the bin.. I cant get these beetles out very easy..

I redid the indoor cage. All the gape vine wood was removed.. It made the cage stink. He loves his outdoor cage.

Lol, @jamest0o0 is sending me a few different types of roaches to see if Peri will eat something else.

I just feed off a few of the larger dubia' to my Venus fly traps
I received my roach variety pack yesterday. Trying the red runners today. Boy do they live up to their name. They are super fast to catch.

Cleaning crew def made a difference in smell. Only issue now is its harder to clean the bin.. I cant get these beetles out very easy..

I redid the indoor cage. All the gape vine wood was removed.. It made the cage stink. He loves his outdoor cage.
I thought the cleaner crew made it so you don't have to clean the tote that often?

I thought the cleaner crew made it so you don't have to clean the tote that often?
They only eat dead flesh. All the shells,bits and poop are still everywhere. .. Its still a mess to clean up there's no rotting flesh to deal with. Separating all that junk from the beetles and crickets is time consuming.

Back
Top Bottom