Help with cage

Em-Chicken25

I’m new to this whole chameleon thing, I did my research and have what I need, but I was really wondering what else I need to add to the encloser. I have been hearing stuff about a lay box, but I was unsure what that was all about. Tips would be appreciated! image.jpg

It would be very helpful if you filled out the following form:

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

That being said, let me just say that chameleons are arboreal, which means they live in trees, but they need a horizontal network of branches to make use of their environment. I’ll attach pics of a well planted/branched enclosure.

Attachments

• E76B4B51-0A6B-4934-BA51-A975BD817349.jpeg
    E76B4B51-0A6B-4934-BA51-A975BD817349.jpeg
    202.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 2AE3E1E6-2C2C-4BBE-98BD-04EA2F322EE0.jpeg
    2AE3E1E6-2C2C-4BBE-98BD-04EA2F322EE0.jpeg
    386.8 KB · Views: 87
Though it really is important to fill out a husbandry sheet. I suggest we get her laybin sorted out first. We don't want her to get egg bound.

Oh sh&t! Good catch! Yes, she looks about ready to pop. Laybin ASAP. Seriously, thanks @Fchamel, I must be slipping.

Yeah it might be weight. I am a new chameleon owner so I haven’t had her fora long time, so I don’t really know.The people I got her from said she was digging almost so yes I will be sure to check out the video on the lay bin. And put one in her enclosure as fast as I can. Thank you for the tips!

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Veiled chameleon, female, pretty sure 7-9 months. A couple weeks in my care.
  • Handling - 3-4 times a day.
  • Feeding - Crickets/super worms with calcium? 7-8 crickets, 4-6 super worms. Sometimes I’ll feed her crickets one day, superworms another day.
  • Supplements - ZooMed Reptile Calcium
  • Watering - I use a misting spray bottle. I mist a couple times a day. I’ve seen her drink a couple times but I am usually doing online classes so I’m more focused on that most of the time.
  • Fecal Description - Looks like a healthy dropping, brown, white, somewhat solid, idk how to describe droppings lol.
  • History - Not any I know about.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Glass, screen top. Probably around 20 in by 30 in.
  • Lighting - Flukers and ZooMed for the lights and domes. I usually have the lights on all day, and I turn them off before I go to bed.
  • Temperature - During the day the temp is usually 85 degrees Fahrenheit, and the humidity is around 65%. At night at its lowest rn it’s usually 65-70.
  • Humidity - Humidity is around 65% - 75%
  • Plants - Some live plants, some are pieces of cleaned off bamboo from my backyard.
  • Placement - In the corner of my room, the vent is on the other side of the room. It’s on my dresser like 3 feet off the ground.
  • Location - Southern California Near the coast.

Current Problem - Just wanna know how to improve my chameleons cage.

Back
Top Bottom