Help with age and does she have eggs?

Veiledtsgnm

Can someone please help me try to get a round about age of my female veiled I got her at petco a month ago, she also has been spending a lot of time at the bottom of her vivarium which is glass with a screen top. I was wanting to know if she looks like she may have eggs as she has been at bottom of cage a lot? Should I have some dirt at bottom or is she fine? Please help...

She looks to be about 6-8 months old.

I don't think she has eggs primarily because she is not showing her sexual maturity colors.

when they get yellow, blue, orange dots, is when they are sexually mature.

what do you keep her basking temps at?

how much and how often do you feed?

She looks to be about 6-8 months old.

I don't think she has eggs primarily because she is not showing her sexual maturity colors.

when they get yellow, blue, orange dots, is when they are sexually mature.

what do you keep her basking temps at?

how much and how often do you feed?

Her basking temps are anywhere between 90-95 an I do have a temp gradient in cage... I feed everyday at the moment till she is full grown... She is in a glass tank with a screen top but I am currently building an aluminum screen cage should be done next week... How often will she lay eggs? I don't have a male so they would be infertile...

You should lower her basking temperature to no higher than 84.

This can reduce her egg laying.

as for how often she will lay, it really depends on her food intake and her temps.

once she reaches sexual maturity, I would suggest reducing her food intake to 3-6 bugs every other day.

Ok Thanks But is it going to hurt her to have the basking temps that I already have or not..... I will change it if it is a problem.... Are eggs going to hurt her? I do plan on breeding her At the end of this year... so what I was wondering is that I've heard that they can only lay eggs a certain amount of times before it can kill them... Is this true or is it a common myth? Thanks for all of your Help...

it wont exactly hurt her.

but it will raise her clutch size and her frequency in laying.

you don't want to her to lay clutch after clutch after clutch.

which will shorten her life span.

theres no set number of clutches they lay. it really does vary based on how you care for her.

is not like at 10 clutches they die.

it wont exactly hurt her.

but it will raise her clutch size and her frequency in laying.

you don't want to her to lay clutch after clutch after clutch.

which will shorten her life span.

theres no set number of clutches they lay. it really does vary based on how you care for her.

is not like at 10 clutches they die.

ok Thanks, I Really do appreciate all of your help... something else is when I actually do breed her do you have any tips for me and how do I go about incubation? I know I should research this topic and I will but I would rather get info from an experienced keeper... Also when incubating eggs do I use a regular incubator or can I just set up a dish under a heat lamp? what do I do for Incubation?

Back
Top Bottom