HELP! WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIS EYE

Toroumi

Hi everyone recently I've noticed my chameleons eye has this weird thing in it I thought it was just shed at first so I misted him more than usual but in the following days it seems to have gotten worse 😧 I pulled it a little thinking it was just sum kind of trash but it didn't seem like it'd come off and I don't want to hurt him by pulling any harder please help I'm scared he can still open the eye
20211229_163208.jpg

Attachments

• 20211229_163137.jpg
    20211229_163137.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 74
Agreed with @MissSkittles - their eyes are so sensitive and they rely so much on the sense of vision you'll need to get a vet's help on this. Do you already have a relationship with a great vet familiar with chameleons?

Dr. Stein had changed hospitals but he is excellent. Let me see if I can find out where he went. Dr. Molnár is very good too, and sees allot of chameleons.

I believe Dr. Stein is here now.
https://www.studiocityanimalhospital.com/our-doctors

LA area vets

Attila Molnar, DVM *
All Animals Medical Center, Calabasas, California - (818) 591-2773

Geoffrey Stein, DVM *
Shipp's Animal Hospital, 351 Foothill Blvd., Beverly Hills - (310) 550-0101

Daniel Reimer, DVM *
Adler Veterinary Clinic, North Hills, California - (818) 893-6366

Dr. Tom Greek is excellent.
Thanks everyone for the info also I don't really like to ask but how much usually are exotic pet vets and how much would it cost to get this treated?my family doesn't exactly have a lot of money like that we're not poor but ya know.. I really want to get him to a vet but I'm also scared it's gonna be too expensive I'm trying really hard to get a job so my parents don't have to pay for everything he has never had any issues ever since I found him in a trashcan 3 years ago :(

Thanks everyone for the info also I don't really like to ask but how much usually are exotic pet vets and how much would it cost to get this treated?my family doesn't exactly have a lot of money like that we're not poor but ya know.. I really want to get him to a vet but I'm also scared it's gonna be too expensive I'm trying really hard to get a job so my parents don't have to pay for everything he has never had any issues ever since I found him in a trashcan 3 years ago :(
Depends on the vet. With an eye issue it's worth going to an excellent vet. At least your money will be well spent rather than on a vet who knows nothing about chams. Even if it means asking your parents for help or doing a GoFundMe, etc. You can call and ask what an exam costs, blood work, fecal test - that'll give you a sense of the price range. But you won't know exactly how much it costs til the vet diagnoses the issue.

Thanks for saving this little one from the trash. That is so sad he was there in the first place but wonderful of you.

Back
Top Bottom