Help! What could this be?

awww - hang in there little guy !!
his eyes are sunken, but they still look "bright" - you can see it in him he is not given up yet :)

Its with a heavy heart that I announce the passing of Reggie.

Yesterday morning when he refused to drink I knew his time was short. Later in the day he fell from his vines and I found him on the bottom of his enclosure, alive but just hanging on. I put him on a fluffy towel and he passed in the night.

I will be posting a thread in the "In Memoriam" today to pay tribute to a beautiful life that brought me a lot of joy in the all too short time he was with me.

I want to thank everyone for your advice and kind words over the last couple weeks.

I am so sorry to hear that. :( You did everything you could for him and gave him all the best. Not to be insensitive but do you think you will pursue a necropsy? I'm so curious as to what was going on internally that led to this...

I am so sorry to hear this sad news. My hearts goes out to you. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

I am so sorry to hear that. :( You did everything you could for him and gave him all the best. Not to be insensitive but do you think you will pursue a necropsy? I'm so curious as to what was going on internally that led to this...

Thanks for the kind words Dayna.

I just couldn't bring myself to do the necropsy and the vet didn't want to do it either, so unfortunately we will never know the whole truth about what caused his demise. I strongly suspect that there was some kidney disease present the whole time I had him due to constant red cyrstals in his urates and the rough condition he was in when I brought him home.

Back
Top Bottom