Help Very important!!

Denaixoxo

image.jpg
Shoul I be concerned about this on my Chameleon’s face pls help

It's most likely an infection in the gland in the corner of the mouth. You will need a vet to clean it out properly and put it on an appropriate antibiotic to get rid of it.

It's most likely an infection in the gland in the corner of the mouth. You will need a vet to clean it out properly and put it on an appropriate antibiotic to get rid of it.
Do you know what can be the cause ? And will it harm him like i won’t be able to take him till next Thursday or Friday

If it's left very long it will kill him. I don't know what the cause is exactly but the likely bacteria is pseudamonas aeruginosa and this species is prone to that gland getting infected.

If it's left very long it will kill him. I don't know what the cause is exactly but the likely bacteria is pseudamonas aeruginosa and this species is prone to that gland getting infected.
Ugh I really hope my little one will be okay I just got him. Or at least I think it’s a boy lol

With chameleons I recommend going to a vet who has experience with them.
There’s a vet at the pet smart over where I live but they aren’t always there and the vet only deals with reptiles. I just really don’t want anything to happen

There’s a vet at the pet smart over where I live but they aren’t always there and the vet only deals with reptiles. I just really don’t want anything to happen
Well, it already is. The thing to do is get it looked at sooner than later. These infections can be difficult to cure if you wait too long. Tell what ever vet you see about the bacteria mentioned. The antibiotic must be specific for that bacteria so it has a chance to eradicate it. If the vet just gives you an oral med and does not clean out the infection site that's a problem (FYI).

Back
Top Bottom