HELP.....Velied Escaped

I stayed up til 1 am searching trees with the flash light. Got up early this morning hoping to see him "hunt"...nothing....
At work now, buying a spot light today to hopefully see better then the flashlight.....I am not giving up!!

Still no luck BUT I think I found his poop on the porch which means he is hopefully closer then we think!!
I knew the last thing he ate from his bowl was a superworm so I picked at the poop, it seemed like a beetle though. The urate was real small too. I am hoping and probably wishful thinking it was his...I know there are a thousand wild lizards running around my property, but never saw poop on the porch, and it was the right size....lol :eek:

My family thinks I lost my mind....I just miss my little guy!!

Wish me luck, I still haven't given up:(

Good luck! He is probably watching you and sooo close. I wonder if putting some moths in his cage would attract him:confused:

oh, you're like 6 hours away.. i was gonna offer my help:eek:

I really appreciate the thought! :) That is very sweet of you

wait is he inside or outside??? but you need to find him fast! he could die!:eek::eek::eek:

He is OUTSIDE...

I have my husband, daughter, niece, nephew, and his girlfriend, plus myself searching. We go out together and take turns. I just came in from flash lighting!

In the morning I am going to put a silk or two in his cage and a superworm in his bowl, put the bowl out on the porch and see if he eats it. Hopefully that will tell me if he is close by or not.

I am not worried about him dieing from being free, just that he may become prey to a bird or cat, or even my dumb yard dog. I know the weather and humidity is fine, and the moisture from daytime rain will keep him hydrated. I just want him to come home:(

Cala, not surprisingly, this is not the first such story that's been posted here. There have been numerous stories in which the chameleon was found weeks, months and in at least one case almost a year after the escape, so please do not feel you're under a gun to get this done quickly. You actually live in a place that chameleons thrive in the wild, so you don't need to be overly afraid that he will die (not that there aren't dangers, but the environment is not one).

One thing you might consider is to take high resolution pictures (get the newest camera you can with the biggest file size possible) of the trees/bushes right around his outdoor cage. It's possible to find things in the pictures you can't notice in real time. That might help point you to where he is. I will volunteer to play "where's Waldo". If you decide to do this, you can send me the files and I'll spend my "waiting for the work phone to ring" time looking at them rather than reading fan fic. If you want to do it, drop me a PM and I'll send you my address.

You’re in Florida so if you look really close you may find another one. :p I would bet it didn’t go very far at all. They can almost disappear in a small well planted cage. I had a Jacksons that I thought escaped about once a week just because it was so hard to see right there in front of me. I think your chances are 1000 times better at night with a real powerful search light, like the newer led spot lights.

Eliza, that is so nice of you!
I was also thinking of using binocculars because they let in more light and you can let the lense do the work as opposed to your eyes, which have to be getting tired by now

ive hadta find a few chams that have become escape artists, ive always found it best to use a portable Qbeam spotlight an go out at night with it hit all the trees night time is the best time to find him. hope you find him keep lookin..

well it will need food and water to surive. think like him. where are some places that has moving water, food is plently in woods.

look for traces... he couldn't of gotten out of the house with out some holes in so look in the grass for some of it being bent. look for his poop. tail marks in dirt.

hope that helps somes......
good luck

Cala, not surprisingly, this is not the first such story that's been posted here. There have been numerous stories in which the chameleon was found weeks, months and in at least one case almost a year after the escape, so please do not feel you're under a gun to get this done quickly. You actually live in a place that chameleons thrive in the wild, so you don't need to be overly afraid that he will die (not that there aren't dangers, but the environment is not one).

One thing you might consider is to take high resolution pictures (get the newest camera you can with the biggest file size possible) of the trees/bushes right around his outdoor cage. It's possible to find things in the pictures you can't notice in real time. That might help point you to where he is. I will volunteer to play "where's Waldo". If you decide to do this, you can send me the files and I'll spend my "waiting for the work phone to ring" time looking at them rather than reading fan fic. If you want to do it, drop me a PM and I'll send you my address.

im a graphic artist i will help too

Back
Top Bottom